Halloween

The weeks leading up to Halloween, Louis and Harry barely talked. It was... weird. They woke up in the mornings without a word, or even by throwing a pillow in the others face. At night they didn't even say good night and all over the room there hung this tension. It was suffocating.

Liam, Zayn and Niall had clearly noticed as well. One day they had asked him about it, but Louis had just ignored them.

After that they didn't ask again.

But it was all right. The Prince was no longer bothering him. He should be happy and he tried to tell himself he was, but every time he thought about the fact they were no longer talking, an unsettling feeling would appear in his stomach.

In the end he just tried to not think of it at all.

A week before Halloween they went shopping for alcohol and costumes. Louis had promised to pay for the alcohol, but then remembered he couldn't pay for it right before they went to stand in the queue. They had two full baskets of alcohol, because as Niall said, "We are buying for everyone who wants some."

"I am still only seventeen," he told the boys and turned around so he was facing them. "Are any of you, well, eighteen?"

Niall placed his hand above his heart in an offended manner. "I would let you know I just turned eighteen!"

Louis gawked at him. "What?"

"Yeah." Niall laughed at his expression. "The thirteenth."

"October?" Louis questioned. What in the actual-

"No." Niall shook his head lightly. "September."

"Why didn't I know?" Louis almost yelled, Zayn shushing him. "Jesus, Nigel, why not tell me?"

Niall shrugged. "I don't like to make a big deal out of my birthday. Also, it would be fun to tell you that you had missed it."

Louis threw his arms out to the side. "In what universe?"

"This one," Niall smirked slightly.

"I hate you," Louis growled and then turned to Liam and Zayn. "Did the two of you hid your birthdays for me as well?"

Liam shook his head. "Mine is August twenty-ninth."

"So you are eighteen, too?" Louis asked, disbelief edged into his voice. Liam just shrugged. Louis turned to Zayn. "What about you?"

"January twelve," he had shrugged, smiling slightly.

"So you are all eighteen?" Louis asked then. They all nodded. "Unbelievable. Unbe-fucking-lievable." He then took his card and showed into Niall's hands. "Here! You pay, old man!"

Niall had just chuckled.

After that they had went costume shopping and then returned home.

It was now the thirty-first, the day of Halloween. Louis was sitting in the other boys' room, watching them as they worked on getting dressed, even though there was still two hours till they had to get ready.

The alcohol was still stashed underneath Louis' bed where it had been since they purchased it. They were planning on mixing the alcohol in soda bottles, together with the soda, so there was a very small likelihood of them getting caught. That was something Louis was to do after he had changed into his costume.

He changed as the last one and when he stepped out of the bathroom, the sight that greeted him was horrible.

"What have we done?" he laughed, looking around at them. "Honestly, we look horrible."