Arrival

Louis let the water stream hit his back as he stepped into the shower. It pounded against his back and he leaned his head slightly back, wetting his hair as well. A content sigh fell from his lips, as the water eased some of the tension out of his body.

He hadn't been sleeping well for the last couple of days, and today had been the worst one yet. He had kept waking up in the middle of the night, or not being able to fall asleep in the first place, his mind racing. He couldn't blame himself though, today was a big day. The big day.

Today was the day Louis was to take the train and leave for Rose Canyon boarding school. It was a tradition for all the Tomlinsons' to take their last year at the school and Louis was excited. Yet terrified at the same time.

Louis came from an extremely wealthy family, where their money all came from his father's, Mark, company and his mother's, Johannah, acting career. Louis was the firstborn and only son, so he was expected to be the one to one day take over the company.

Louis' father was a perfectionist. He did not want Louis to fail in education in any kind of way, so Louis had since he could barely walk been homeschooled. He had to be the perfect son, so he one day could be the perfect CEO.

He had had a private tutor most of his upbringing and the only reason he was even allowed to go to boarding school, was because his father loved tradition and refused to be the one to break it. He had himself gone to the school, and so had his father, his father's father, all the way back since the school was built two-hundred years ago.

The fact that Louis was going to boarding school what was that kept him going most of his childhood. He was lonely as a kid, still was, since he was never allowed to go out of the house and make friends.

"Friends are a distraction from your studies, Louis."

That was probably the sentence he had heard his father tell him the most growing up, not that his father said a lot to him. Louis and his siblings were practically raised by the staff in the house, due to his parents always working. His mother, as the famous actress she was, travelled around the world for her movies, never taking a break. And his father was always at the office, or in America for work. Louis never really knew which.

It was lonely and it didn't help that his younger sisters would always talk about their friends at school. Unlike him, they didn't have as much pressure upon them, so they got to attend expensive private schools - but anyhow, it was schools. They got to socialize with other people than the staff. They got to have friends.

So Louis was excited, beyond excited, but also scared. At night he would lay in bed, thinking, 'What if I can't make friends?' 'What if I am not good enough?'

But today was the day he would finally find out. In just about three hours the train would arrive at the station and take him to the place he had longed to be for years.

He took strawberry-scented shampoo, down from the small shelf in the shower and poured something onto his hand. He then proceeded to massage it into his hair. His fingers worked over his scalp, making his hair a mess of foam.

He was quick to rinse the soap out. He grabbed another bottle from the shelf and started coating up his body, letting his hands roam over his shoulders, legs, tummy, until he was all soaped up, and ready to step under the stream once more.

When he was finished in the shower, his body was way more relaxed, but he could still feel the excitement and nervousness in the pit of his stomach. He quickly dried himself with a towel, then threw it in the bin for the maid to take later.

He moved to stand in front of the grand mirror that hung above the sink and looked at himself. He had dark bags under his eyes and his skin was pale. Out of habit, he sucked in his stomach, averting his eyes from that part of his body.