26 | Juniors' Woes

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Deuce wanted to share with Epel that he's not alone in bearing the stuff Vil makes them go through—he wants him to let out his frustration, that way it'll remove their anger. The Heartslabyul junior can sense that he and Epel are the same, wanting to change for the best but couldn't. Deuce suggested Epel should try to let out his frustration, maybe it'll make him feel better...

     "I'll try..." The lavender-haired stood up and inhaled. "YA THINK I'LL RIGHT O' THE BAT 'CAUSE YA TOLD ME TO?! I SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE WITH POOR FOLKS, I'M A COUNTRY CHILD! A FARMER'S SON, YA HEAR ME?! TRYNNA BE SO HARD TO BE PERFECT IS TIRIN', YA BITCH! I AIN'T FOND OF THOSE GIRLY, CRINGE DANCIN' YA FORCIN' ME TO DO! I HAVEN'T GOT TO ENTER A STUPID FESTIVAL! FANCY CLOTHIN'?! ETIQUETTE?! YA THINK I'M BORN WITH THAT, HUH?!"

     "I don't understand anything you said, Epel..."

     "I AIN'T SOME DOLL YA CAN PLAY DRESS-UP WITH! I JUST WANNA BE A TOUGH GUY THAT CAN BE RELIABLE ON ANYTHIN'!" Epel finished, catching his breath. "THAT FEELS SO FUCKING GOOD! YES!" He exclaimed in glee.

Deuce thought it was a language, but turns out to be his hometown's dialect since Epel was born deep in the mountains of the Land of Pyroxene: Village of Harvest. It explains why Vil forbid Epel from speaking his dialect because no one would understand him—I forbid you from talking to other people with that dialect, be respectful, make sure to add "senior" to people who are older than you and DON'T SHOUT...

     "I've had enough of it!" Epel exclaimed anger lacing his tone. Deuce blinked a couple of times, "And I thought you were quiet with a shy personality but turns out you're the opposite. Sorry about the wrong assumptions towards you," he apologized.

     Epel laughed, "Well, that's why I always get my ears pulled, so I'm always quiet to hold back," he told him. "Also those skincare routines and girly clothes, I was forced by the Dorm Leader ta wear it, ya know?" He added, grumbling.

     "What?! He demanded you to do it?!" Deuce shrieked. "And I'm sure your dorm isn't as strict as mine, but what happened exactly?" He asked.

     "It all started in the ceremony..."

- (Past) Mirror Chamber -

Epel's eyes were scanning the crowd, everyone was flashy and snarky looking in his opinion. Punks from his hometown thought he was weak, but he beat them up instead. He was having a dreamy moment until a hand stopped him from walking around the Chamber...

     "Huh? What the hell are ya?" Epel asked the one who stopped him.

     Turns out to be Vil Schoenheit, whose eyebrows started to retract each other, "Refrain yourself from being bold and fix your ceremonial robe for it is sacred and button up your shirt," he demanded.

Epel's first thoughts about Vil are being pretty, but he doesn't want to be in Pomefiore with girly-looking guys and prefers to be in Savanaclaw instead, considering Leona must be stronger than Vil...

     The beautiful blonde-haired took Epel's chin, "Hmph, you don't look so bad yourself. From what I see you have an adorable face," he complimented. Epel seems irritated by it and scrunched his face, "Hah? What'd ya said about my face? Are ya sayin' I'm a weak, girly-looking teen?"

Epel complimented Vil for being pretty, too. The Pomefiore Dorm Leader doesn't seem to be amused by Epel's dialect and gave blunt retorts about it, angering the freshman. No one can deny the fact everyone in this school is ill-tempered in some way, but after all this school allows anyone to discipline problematic children...

     The country kid landed on the ground, "GAH!" He exclaimed when he got the last kick from Vil, who wasn't using any magic and just his physical strength against Epel who was using spells. "That hurts..."

     Vil scoffed and looked down at the defeated freshman, "Listen here, Baby Potato. This school isn't for the weak-willed and lousy, if you are then you're forced to listen to those who are stronger than you. And I can see you're not assigned from any dorm, but since you're defeated by me, I'll be having you obey my orders."

     "Damn it!" Epel gritted his teeth, shaking since Vil might use him for money and have him as his assistant. 'What this guy is planning to do to me?' He asked himself, tensing when Vil made him stand up back to his feet.

     "I want you to fix your robes as I told you to," the dorm leader ordered, surprising Epel. "At once, child! Then your belt! You're not tall enough, yet you still have it placed on your hip! How unpleasant!" He scolded, placing the belt on Epel's waist and tightening it.

     "Can't breathe!"

     Vil removed his robe, "My goodness, your hair is standing on every place! Do you even have a brush with you?! Your hair is an unruly sight," he harshly complimented. Epel grumbled, "I don't care what ya say! I don't bring those stuff with me!" He scoffed and averted his gaze.

     "Lastly, your accent! Speak in a natural and well-mannered way," the dorm leader ordered.

Epel mistook it as something that city folk can't stand, but Vil rephrased it as fixing his attitude and placing it in certain places because this isn't his hometown, but a prestigious school. The dorm leader understands the freshman's adored hometown accent, but he needs to fix it, so anyone would understand him...

     "Being a loser won't make you last against this school. Whining is futile, whine again if you managed to win against me," the dorm leader added while brushing Epel's hair. "Now, what do we say after this?"

     Epel's mouth twitched in anger, "Yes, sir."

     "Very good. In any case, the Dark Mirror will be the one assorting you and pray that you won't be assorted to Pomefiore," the dorm leader advised. "Now, since you're following the dorm leader of Pomefiore, Vil Schoenheit, we tolerate violent and unpleasant manners here. Am I clear? If so, fix your uniform as I demonstrated earlier! The sorting is happening right now and we don't want you to miss it."

     "Damn it..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)