•// 12 //•

Love triangle?

Author's POV

Maki was on his way to her school for the first time. He was kind of excited and nervous too since he doesn't know anyone there except Y/n.

He knows he is just there to pick her up, but still there's nervousness.

Maki had texted her, he now reached the school gates and he's waiting for her.

A few minutes later Y/n was in his sight and both smiled to each other.

Maki saw that she was walking weirdly until he noticed that her leg was injured. He immediately walked up to her and helped her out.

„Explain, what happened?" Y/n had her arm around his shoulder for support and rolled her eyes with a smile „Hello to you too! Everything is fine by the way."

He mumbled a 'sorry' to her and both headed out of the school gates. „What happened to your leg? Does it hurt?"

Y/n was distracted by Ni-ki who was heading out of the school building. Maki noticed it and saw him.

He saw how Y/n was looking at him „What's with that look on her face?"

He furrowed his eyebrows „Did he hurt you?" she snapped out of her thoughts and shook her head rapidly „No no! He didn't. It was just his ex."

„Just his ex?! So he is technically in fault." he got mad and glared at Ni-ki who was just about to pass by.

Y/n slapped his arm „Ni-ki has nothing to do with it! Stop blaming him for something he didn't even do."

„I thought you hate him, why are you defending him?" Y/n let out a sigh „Maki I'm-"

Maki didn't even hesitate and walked angrily up to Ni-ki, his fist had meet with Ni-ki's left cheek.

Yeah Maki threw a punch at him.

Y/n ran up to them, holding Maki back „What do you think you're doing Maki?!"

She looked over to Ni-ki and rushed to him in pain because of her Injurie, but she didn't care at all.

He held his cheek with his hand „Ni-ki are you okay?!" he lifted his head up only to see Maki.

He furrowed his eyebrows „You bastard did you just hit me?" Maki scoffs „So what? You deserve it after your ex hurt Y/n!"

Ni-ki straightened up ready to hit him back but Y/n held his chest with both hands to hold him back.

„Ni-ki please don't hurt him! I know you're not at fault and he had no right to hit you. Just please don't punch him back, I'll talk to him!"

Ni-ki shifted his gaze to Y/n, he calmed down a little bit. „Then do it or else he won't be able to walk anymore." She immediately nod.

Maki got more pissed off, why did he felt that way? Y/n had a worried face while she looked to Ni-ki.
„I'm sorry that this happened to you."

„Whatever." he massaged his cheek and walked away without any other comment.

Y/n turns around angrily „What were you thinking Maki?! You have no right to hurt him, he didn't do anything wrong it was his ex and not him! Seriously how childish can you be? What are you, 5?"

Maki was upset, they barely fight and now it's because of a boy. Maki was still confused as to why he was so upset that he even punched someone. He wasn't the type of guy who would do this.

„You know what, let's just go. I don't even know myself what's gotten into me okay? And we have to take care of your injury." without saying anything both walked home together with Maki helping her.

——————————————————————————

After they went home together, Maki didn't stayed long. He had to clear his mind and he apologised too.

Y/n was sad about it, she didn't meant to but she had to, since he punched Ni-ki for something he didn't do.

Maki had so many thoughts on his way home like: „What's happening to me? Why am I mad over something he didn't do? Why did she looked at him with those eyes?" and more.

Meanwhile Maki was on his way home, Y/n rested on her bed, looking up at the ceiling.

„Should I call him?" She shook her head „He wouldn't be happy."

„Or should I?" her phone in her hands right now searching for his name. Before she knew it, her thumb pressed on the calling button.

Calling Ni-ki...

She was nervous, she could tell.

Beep.. beep.. be..-

„What do you want?" he spoke up.

„Uhm is this a bad timing for calling you?" she turns around to get more comfortable on her bed.

„Hmm no it's fine. Why did you call?" He was calm, what a surprise and even nice for now.

„Oh uh I just wanted to apologise properly for Maki and wanted to ask you if you're okay. Does your cheek still hurt?"

He smiles to what she said, she's worried and he knows it. „Yeah it's fine and there's no need to apologise, I'm actually the one who should apologise to you."

She put him on speaker and placed her phone next to her head „What? No you did nothing wrong."

„But my ex did."

She let out a sigh „Yeah your ex and not you. Stop blaming yourself, right now I called to ask how your cheek is doing."

He smirks „Is the dwarf worried? Do you like me that much?" Y/n scoffs „Stop it, you shouldn't be flirting with me."

„Who said that I'm flirting with you? Wait do you actually want me to flirt with you?" he leans back against his gaming chair.

„Shut it, I never said that I want you to flirt with me." He chuckles „Sure whatever you say."

„You're so annoying do you know that?" Ni-ki stood up to walk to his bed and sat down „Only for you."

„Yeah no goodbye." she hung up and smiled like she was in cloud nine.

Yeah now it's obvious, Y/n had fallen in love with him and she's aware of it.

She thinks that she should be careful after her so called 'boyfriend', since she was just a bet for him.

„Y/n you have no time for love. Ugh and Maki? What's gotten into him? I don't want to deal with shit like this anymore. Let's just rest and sleep."

There she goes, flipping the pillow and nuzzling her face into the cold side that she loves the most. A few minutes passed and she's in dreamland.