𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

"why do you even have his number in the first place?" i asked.

"because he's a sweet guy! he makes all A's, has a scholarship ahead of him, and NEVER be in no bullshit. if your head wasn't so stuck up in Latrell's ass, then you would see that" Mariah ranted, as Daijon came walking out the gym doors.

"whats the problem?" he asked while looking at the security guard.

"they don't have tickets. rules is if they don't have them, then i can't let them in. sorry" he answered, as Daijon signed.

"if you don't let them in then i'm not playing" Daijon said while crossing his arms.

"you really go miss a big game for them?" he asked as Daijon looked at me.

"no way he actually means that shit. he probably just thinks the security guard go give in. i'm not that important to him" i thought to myself, as Daijon took his jersey off.

the hell-

"you can tell coach that i ain't playing no more" he said, as my mouth dropped opened.

"you know what, that's not really necessary. i have money on me, so i can pay for our tickets" i said  while reaching in my wallet to pull out 24 dollars.

i handed the security guard the money, as Daijon put his jersey back on. i couldn't believe i had just did that because i didn't want to be here. but i also couldn't just make him give up on a game just for me.

"i'll see y'all later. and i'm really looking forward to our date, Jamir. i hope you have fun tonight" he said, while giving me a side hug, then walked back into the gym.

"that was really nice of you to do" Nevaeh said.

"shut up" i begged, as we walked inside the gym.

we looked around it was surprisingly packed. usually basketball games aren't so packed at my school. it's always the football games that be having everyone there.

but as we were walking to some seats, i seen Jamal approaching me. i haven't heard from him since dinner which was a few days ago because i assumed he didn't want to talk to me.

"Jamal?" i asked as he reached in for a hug, but then pulls back.

awkward?

"since when do you go to basketball games?" he asked, as i shrugged my shoulders.

"since today i guess" i replied, as he started to scratch the back of his head.

he ready say
some bull shit.

"never went to one of my games, but it's cool" he said, as i rolled my eyes.

"do you want to sit with us or what?" i asked him while he started to look at the posted in my hand.

he starts laughing which makes me raise one of my eyebrows in confusion.

"what's so funny?"

"you know what— i was kind of pissed to see you going to some game when you haven't went to a single one of mines, but that was until i saw who you're here for"

"it's not what it seems— this isn't my poster-"

"nah, i'm actually happy for you. i always knew you would give in and stop denying your feelings for Daijon. the reason why you push him away so much is because you don't think you're worth being loved. that's why you spend your time chasing someone who doesn't love you" he said as i thought about what he said.

bitch?

"listen Jamal, i don't like Daijon. i'm only here because he agreed if i showed up, then he'll never talk to me again" i said, as he shook his head.

"you should feel ashamed of yourself. bye Jamir" he said brushing past me to walk away.

"well actually i feel horny. thinking about Latrell every minute of the day makes me want to moan out loud" i shouted out to him.

after that little discussion, i sat down on the bleachers. Nevaeh sat by my left and Mariah sat on my right.

"you know you're wrong for that, right Jamir?" Mariah told me.

"no, i don't. everyone wants me be with someone i don't like. why can't y'all let me be happy with Latrell?" i said, as they both sighed.

"i didn't want to say anything, but if you looked all the way to the right you would see Latrell boo'd up with his ex. we want to see you happy more than anything, but we can't see you happy with Latrell. we just want what's best for you" Mariah said, as i looked over to see him sitting next to that  'Asia' girl.

i stared at Latrell and Asia, and they were all up on each other. i couldn't believe my eyes ... how could he just do that to me? we had a whole talk just not too long ago and he's already fucking with his ex again?

"you act like that you don't care about Daijon, but as your bestfriends we know that you do. i see the way you looked at him when he took that jersey off for you. also, you offered to pay for all 3 of us just to get in his game. if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't have done that. so do me and Mariah a favor and stop pretending to not like him" Nevaeh said, as i held my head down to quietly cry.

"what am i doing" i mumbled underneath my breath as the lights went off.

i looked up to see the lights blinking on and off, as the game was getting started.

"Give it up for your #1 basketball player in the state; DAIJON HARRIS!" The guy on the speaker said, as the whole crowd started to cheer.

Daijon grabbed a microphone that was handed to him as the whole crowd was cheering his name.

"i didn't know he was that popular" i said, while scratching my head.

"wassup everybody. i hope y'all having a great day as great as mines right now. i just want to get on this mic and say that i want to dedicate this game to a special boy in this audience. and yes, i said boys. sorry to disappoint all the ladies" he said as every girl in the audience sighed.

"we sorry too that you stuck on that side" Nevaeh said while looking in distress, as i laughed.

"but like i said before, it's this special boy in the audience and i dedicate this game to him and him only. Jamir Davis, this win for you" he said, as everyone started to cheer.

𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚍 ...
𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛/𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜.

i know that i said the
drama was going to kick off
in this chapter (which is was) but if i would have kept it in the chapter, then it would've been long asf and i really don't want that.

I hope you all enjoyed.
love you