Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)

Start from the beginning

Hirata bought some fishing equipment yesterday to hopefully try and use fewer points on meal kits during our test.

So, Ayanokouji, Sudo, Ike, and I took the equipment and headed down to the stream to see if there was a chance of catching any food.

We set up near the widest part of the stream, hoping that any fish would be around to catch.

Ike and I would take the first shift in trying to catch some fish while Ayanokouji and Sudo waited on the bank of the stream for their turns.

"OI, OI! I think I caught something big!" Ike screamed in excitement that he caught a fish before anyone. "Someone come and help me!"

I instinctively threw my fishing rod to Ayanokouji and went to help Ike.

Sudo followed right after me, and with our collective strength, we gave one strong pull on the line.

With our pull, Sudo and I stumbled back and crashed into the ground.

"What the hell, Ike!"

Sudo immediately vented his anger at Ike, who was triumphantly holding...

A very, very, small fish.

"You told us it was a big catch! My fingers are bigger than that!"

"What? It felt like a big catch on the line..."

"Are you really that weak, Ike!?"

Sudo immediately charged at Ike in frustration attempting to put him into a chokehold.

"I thought I heard some familiar voices."

All of our attention turned further downstream as someone approached us.

The leader of Class B, Kanzaki Ryuji.

"How are you, Fukumoto-kun, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Trying to survive," I gave a joking response back to Kanzaki, while Ayanokouji offered a small wave.

Sudo and Ike quickly settled their dispute and silently watched the interaction unfold before them.

"Why are you here?" Ayanokouji was the first to question his sudden appearance.

It was rather suspicious for Kanzaki to just be wandering around fairly close to our campsite before roll call.

"I was following the stream from my class's campsite."

"Is that it?" I asked the violet-colored hair man.

"I also did want to see the progress of Class D. Not for any advantages during this test, though."

"Huh. So this stream follows back to Class B's campsite?"

"Almost. There's a large tree trunk close to the end, and if you turn right from there, you can find our campsite."

"So, how'd you know where our class's campsite was?" Ayanokouji interjected.

"Members of my class have been searching the near vicinity. They told me not too far out from our own camp was Class D's, but I told them I'd be the one to approach your camp. Not a random stranger."

"Are you alright just telling us where your campsite is?" I jumped back into the conversation.

Kanzaki gave a slight shrug in response. "I don't particularly mind. I believe we have a good relationship at the moment, so I trust you. You can even stop by if you want."

"Isn't it rather early to start trusting a rival class; that's also trying to reach Class A?"

"You may be right, Fukumoto-kun. But, at the moment, the score difference between our classes is too drastic for me to worry about our class standing."

A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara