Chapter 63 - A Christmas Date? Pt.1

It seemed like the snow would never cease as I looked out my window on the morning of December twenty-fifth.

I let out a long sigh as the cold morning air enveloped my body, I stared out my window at the white canvas laid out before me.

My thoughts danced through my mind as I tried to decipher what Christmas truly meant to me.

It had been eight months since I joined Advanced Nurturing High School.

Time had flown by since I enrolled.

Did that mean I was enjoying it? Beginning to truly cherish the moments with those around me?

Or was I too focused on other things that I didn't notice as the days rolled past me?

I wondered how much I had changed from my earlier life till now.

I wondered if my younger self would be proud of his future or utterly disappointed.

I quickly checked my clock. It was just past nine am.

"I should probably start getting ready," I muttered to myself.

This day could be significant for my future. It was winter vacation, so I intended to enjoy the time off from school. After all, you could consider today my first date. Maybe. Could I classify it as a date or as an outing between friends?

I have no clue which it could be. But making sure I was presentable was probably in my best interest.

All things considered, date or not, I just hoped I could make today a memorable day for Ichinose and myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guess I was a little excited," I said to myself as I checked the time on my phone for the thousandth time in the last ten minutes.

I had finished preparing for my meetup with Ichinose quite a while ago. But waiting for the time of our meetup in my room proved rather, difficult.

Rather than staying in the cramped room, I decided to wait in the lobby of the dorms.

Many first-years walked in and out of the lobby, and I received many stares from peers as they walked past, especially from the opposite sex.

Was something off about me?

Did I look weird?

Was my fit not on point?

No, I slightly shook my head. I must be worrying too much for no reason.

Which was a new feeling for me. I've always been confident in myself, so why would I suddenly feel anxious like this?

"What a stupid school," I mumbled.

I checked the time on my phone once more.

11:44 am.

Wait. Did I ever tell Ichinose where to meet and when?

I quickly fumbled around with my phone to contact Ichinose. I remember telling her we would meet today, but I got caught up with that stupid class secret Santa that I forgot to text her the details of our meetup.

Damn you, Hirata, for reminding me of that Secret Santa, even though it was my fault for forgetting in the first place.

*Ding*