Chapter 29

We drove for a long time. Streets were flying past us and everything was a blur.

The ride itself was silent. Except for the phone calls that Kaleb kept getting.

As of that moment, there were three things running through my mind.

Answers.

Getting home

Oliver

I was so damn sick and tired of begging for answers. I was done trying, although I was sure that Kaleb couldn't keep things from me for that much longer. There were so many new questions running through my head but I just felt so defeated.

Then there was the whole question as to whether what Oliver was saying had any truth to it or not. And if so... if Kaleb ever had even an inkling of knowledge as to what happened to Brianna, and if he lied, then I would never forgive him. Not that I even know enough about him to trust him or not.

If he did take any part in whatever happened to Brianna, though, I needed to get away from him.

I needed to get home. Where I could at least regroup.

But even still, I didn't feel as though I was in danger. I could protect myself. Or I would die trying.

And lastly, I still hoped Oliver was okay... I could clearly see that we were ambushed... but maybe he had an explanation. Maybe he would see me and would tell me he loves me and everything would be okay. Maybe everything was okay.

It had to be. 

It had to be.