She creates a sparkly winged, blue and sliver eyeshadow look and adds some highlighter and lipstick.

I can't help but miss the presence of Mariana, she's going to be dressed as Belle. She was supposed to be here too but got called into the office for some sort of emergency. She has her own business at 17, it's a long story, a story for another day. So she's going to rush to get changed at our friend Jackson's mansion where the party is being held. By rush I mean take her sweet time because that girl can't get ready even remotely quickly to save her life.

We all finish getting ready, have a mini photoshoot in our matching costumes and then the four of us head to the party.

When we get there the large front lawn between the gate and the house is crowded with people, not a single one is not dressed up. When we weave through the masses of people and finally make it inside we have to push past even more people to find the remainder of our friends.

It takes a while for us to find the boys (Jackson, Wes, Mason and Dean) and when we do we are bombarded with compliments. It's nice to be appreciated.

Wes is dressed as Rustle, the boy scout from the disney movie UP, Mason is dressed as Raphael from teenage mutant ninja turtles, Dean as a vampire and after Wes' questioning Jackson tells us that he's James Bond, which basically just looks like his normal "business" attire to me but according to him he doesn't normally wear bow ties, it beats me. The exception to his costume being the rose in his pocket which can't possibly be a part of his costume but no one questions it. It's easy to put the dots together when you know Mariana's costume which is Belle, no doubt the unusual addition to his 'costume' has something to do with her.

"Do you want some drinks?" Jackson asks us girls as the guys arrived before us and already have them.

I volunteer to go with him so he don't have to struggle carrying them all by himself. I also want to make sure to use any sealed bottles so that none of us get spiked because you can never be too careful.

When we arrive in the kitchen one man in particular stands out straight away. He's dressed in a suit, similar to Jackson's. He's leaned against the kitchen island with a drink in one hand, the other arm lazily leaning on the countertop. His short black hair is permed and his eyes are dark but they gleam in the light, they're as green as emeralds. His unmistakable beauty and confidence, the dominance he radiates makes him unmissable even in the enormous crowd.

"Jackson." He greets when his eyes land on Jackson. I look between the two. He knows Jackson? Who is he?

"Blaine." Jackson replies. I guess that partly answers the question.

"And who's this?" He asks, his eyes now moving to me. He holds eye contact, his stare feels like it's piercing me. It feels like he's looking into my soul, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable. The cocky smile on his face gives me reason to believe that's his intention. "She your girlfriend?" He asks looking at me for a moment longer. He raises a brow and turns back to Jackson for an answer.

"This is Cassie." He replies answering only the first question in a bored tone.

"So she's free game?" He says with a smirk. What gives him the right to talk about me like that? Certifired Asshole.

"She is standing right here and can hear you." I reply.

I hate standing up for myself. I hate confrontation, I hate the way it makes me feel guilty and mean even though I wouldn't do it if it wasn't well deserved, but sometimes it's necessary. The only way some people listen is if you force them too, even then sometimes it's impossible.

I harden my gaze as I wait for a response. Even though I act confident most of the time, I'm the complete opposite inside, my head is a total and utter shit show. People see what I want them to see. I mask my true feelings because it's easier, it's the only way I can survive. I refuse to shrink under his gaze even though that's exactly what I want to do. Guys like him think that they can get away with everything and maybe they can but I refuse to be seen as weak.