Chapter One~ where's mom?

Ella

I woke up to the sound of loud music, I was really exhausted because of the cleaning we had done the day before. I adjusted to lay on my back, I was uncomfortable in the position I was in.....

I shared a bed with my elder sister Jennifer she was 2 years older than I was, even though l look way more mature which is definitely not a flex, I woke her up too, I've made it my life mission to be a thorn in her flesh, we're seven in our home my three brothers Ezekiel, Micheal and Jonas, then there's me and Jennifer with both my parents, Jennifer was the first followed by me, Ezekiel, Michael, and Jonas.

After waking Jennifer up we have a little tussle over how annoying I am to her , I leave the room to greet both my parents, it is a ritual in our house that every morning you go greet both mom and dad.... I lazily drag myself to their room, I knock on the door and my dad answers from the inside, I open the brown wooden door with a bit of strength the door can be stiff sometimes, my dad lies on the edge of the bed with a book in his hand his usual habit, but there's no sign of my mom...."dad where is mom?" I asked. "when you see her, ask her where she went to", He said without making eye contact with me. From his response it was obvious what was about to happen, I wasn't new to this.

I left the room feeling anxious because dad gets really violent when he is mad... I went back to my room and took a shower, I picked out a crop top and shorts, I didn't like to put on much clothing when I was at home and besides I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. It was a Saturday and, the typical Saturday breakfast in our home was bread, tea and scrambled eggs, I get to cooking which took me a while because I was cooking for 7 people, but breakfast was ready in an hour.

Everyone sat at the dinning table eating breakfast- it was awkward like it always was when it was just us and dad, Jennifer tried starting a conversation, but it was still just awkward. After a few minutes, a knock came from the door which I was sure would be mom, I stood up leaving to see who it was, the sound of dad's voice halted me in my seat, "No one better open that door for that woman!" He said sternly making me drop back in my seat with fear, and no one leaves this table, he was also with the keys to the door, my heart races no matter how many times this happens, it still affected me as much.
At this point my mom was calling out to us, and it broke my heart a million times. I couldn't even eat anymore, the food was stuck there like a big hairball.

Dad was done eating and left for his room, we were left to ourselves.... What are we going to do? Are we going to just leave her out there? Jonas said with concern. I hate that Jonas had to experience all this, He was just a child, A really soft one at that. "No we are not" Jennifer said with a scrowl.

Jennifer went to the drawer in the door way to check for the other spare key we keep, we passed it out to our mom through the window, and she was in, we knew there'd be consequences for what we had done, but we were ready for it.

Mom explained everything to us..
she's friends with our neighbor who lives 2 houses away, she was throwing a party for her husband. That was where the music from earlier was from.

My mom explained she called her this morning asking her to come over and help with the cooking, it was an afternoon party meaning the food had to be ready before it was noon, when she was leaving my dad was still asleep, so she didn't get to let him know ..... He wasn't an early bird so he usually slept in till 7 in the morning, but my mom is quite the opposite, she's was up by 1am this was as a result of her anxiety, so she didn't get to sleep much.

So, basically, my dad is upset my mom went out, especially without him letting him know which is very typical of a narcissist.

It was just i, Jennifer and my mom in our room now, the boys had left a few minutes ago, our room was like a safe haven for my mom whenever her and my dad had an issue.
I sat on a chair across from the bed while mom sat on the bed with Jennifer, you could tell she was really anxious from just looking at her. My mom is a stunning woman blessed with all the curves in the right places, she has thick black hair and a slim nose, she is tall but also on the plus side, it was one of the things that made her beautiful.

Hey guys, I'm really excited I'm done with the first chapter and I can't wait to see what you all think of it. It is still under correction, so please bare with me.

PS: Domestic abuse in the next chapter.