"And Nabina will hit you both if you keep going." She said and Isaac held his hands up in defense while Derek sighed, "Now, where's the vet? Is he gonna help us, or not?" He asked. "That depends..." Someone said, making them look over to see Deaton leaning against the doorway of the examination room, "Your friend, Jackson... Are we planning to kill him, or save him?" He asked. 

"Kill him." / "Save him." Derek and Scott said at the same time, making Scott give Derek a look before he looked over at Deaton, "Save him." He said. Deaton nodded before leading everyone into the examination room. 

Deaton pulled out a tray with a bunch if hard that had different celtic symbols on the lids. Isaac went to grab one but Nabina grabbed his hand to stop him making him look at her. "Probably shouldn't just grab at things when you're supernatural." She said and Derek nodded in agreement. 

"So, what are you, some kind of witch?" Isaac asked as he leaned his elbows against the table making Deaton look at him, "No. I'm a veterinarian." He said and Isaac nodded slightly as his mouth formed an "O" shape. "And unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." Deaton said. 

"We're open to suggestions." Derek said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly, "What about an effective offense?" Isaac asked and Nabina shook her head. "We already tried- Derek nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up. I think the most effective thing so far is when I magically inflicted pain on him and I wasn't doing that on purpose." She said and Deaton furrowed his brows. 

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" He asked and Derek and Nabin glanced at each other, "Well, one- it can't swim." Derek said. "Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton asked and Scott shook his head, "No. He's the captain of the swim team." He said and Deaton nodded slightly. 

Deaton thought for a moment before pulling out a new item from the drawer. An old, scratched steel pendant, "Essentially, you're trying to catch two people- a puppet, and a puppeteer." He said. He places the odd piece on the table. It's the symbol of Cernunnos, a horned God seated in a meditative position. He's encircled by a snake which he grasps at the throat in his right hand. 

"One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" Deaton asked and Scott shook his head slightly. "I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant, too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." He explained. 

"How do you know it's not part of the rules? The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies, too." Isaac asked and Nabina raised her eyebrows at him, "Does that mean your father was a murderer?" She asked and he shrugged slightly. "Wouldn't surprise me if he was." He mumbled and she comfortingly grabbed his shoulder. 

"Hold on-" Deton said, making them look at him, "The book says they're bonded, right?" He asked and they all nodded. "What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him?" Deton said as he grabbed a jar of mountain ash. 

"What if something that affects the Kanima also affects its master?" He asked as he poured a circle of mountain ash around the pendant and Isaac raised his eyebrows. "Meaning what?" He asked and realization crossed over Scott's features as he looked up at everyone. 

"Meaning we can catch them- both of them." 

🦎 

Nabina shut her locker and paused for a second before raising her eyebrows and turning to Isaac who was leaning against the locker next to her. "How can I help you, Isaac?" She asked and he shrugged, "I was hoping you would go on a date with me to a rave." He said while holding up two tickets to the rave making her hum and raise her eyebrows in amusement.