Chapter 7 - Collar Full

It is two days before the Panic! at the Disco and iDKHOW tour begins. The day before, Dallon already arrived in Los Angeles for the first concert location. Instead of booking a hotel, he stayed with his best friend, Ryan Seaman, in his house. The band begun packing their equipment and home-made stage props into their respectable package crates. 

"Ryan, how long is it gonna take for you to figure out how to disassemble those bar stocks..." 

The drummer looks up from below, laying on the cold wooden-floor with a small rod in hand.

"Trust me, that's why I'm waiting on the expert at this..." he huffs and stands up.

Ryan refers to someone, awaiting a response to his sentence but notices he is distracted on his phone. His mind is off in a distance as he smiles in a way his best friend hasn't seen for the first time in a while from him.

"You seem really happy," he smiles back.

"Do I...?" he blushes, putting his phone away.

Ryan grins. "How's it going, pal? It's nice to finally see you outside the studio,"

"Huh, yeah I guess it has been quite a while since we actually chatted. I've just been very busy..."

"Yeah, I remember you had to make a lot of business calls before and during Leads," he looks at him. "I'm guessing you've been unresponsive because this tour is something similar?"

"Something like that..." Dallon smirks behind Ryan's back.

"No wonder. You don't normally not respond to texts ever. So much so, I've gotten real close with Anthony this year because it's only us responding to the group chat. Do you think we should call him to come over too?" he points towards the pile of boxes they have to load.

"Actually... About that... I invited someone else if that's alright," his eyes glare with adoration.

Ryan smirks. He can pinpoint what his friend is approaching based off of his obvious expression of delight.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"Actually... It's Brendon,"

"Oh?"

"Yeah,"

"Congratulations. How I ironic I-"

"-thought I didn't like him?" he interrupts Ryan, bumping him in the shoulder. "I did too... But turns out we're correlative and very alike..." Dallon smiles feeling warmth in his heart, stating words he has never said out loud before.

At that moment, the sound of knocking is at the door. Ryan hands his tool to Dallon and opens the door.

"Hey, man! It's nice to finally meet you!" He hugs the mysterious person. 

"Thanks for letting me come! I heard a lot about you from Dallon," the familiar voice replies.

"Is that Brendon?!" he exclaims.

Ryan moves towards the side and the two's eyes finally meet. Brendon cheers and holds his arms out ready for a hug from him. Dallon's face lights up and runs over.

The two greet each other and plant a kiss, lasting a few seconds. 

Ryan grabs his leather jacket from the side. "Ya'll are making me the third wheel." he jesters, opening the door. "I'm just joking. I'm gonna go or I'm gonna be late for my date with my own boyfriend. You two take care. Don't try and break anything in my house..."

"Since when did you have a boyfriend...?" Dallon looks up and gasps. "And you didn't tell me..."

"Since when did you tell me!" Ryan points at Brendon.