the narcotics triangle

Depuis le début

No big headlines popped out, but as I began scrolling down to the smaller articles I started seeing red flags.

Headines that were saying that there seemed to be less drugs on the street.

The majority of drugs in Houstin came from the Spanish. Most of the gangs get their cocaine from the mafia uncut and then they distribute it to the suppliers. The suppliers cut it and add different ingredients, making their own mixes. Then they divvy it out to the dealers, who get it to the customers.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you what I like to call, "The Narcotics Triangle"

If the gangs are running low enough on product that they can't get it out to the supplier, then this issue must have been going on for a while. Meaning that the Spanish haven't been based in Houstin for a decent amount of time. At least the drug part of it. They moved their narcotics to a different location. But I haven't been gone that long. The gangs buy the drugs in bulk. We're talking hundreds of kilos. That takes a while to go through. If they are running out, that means their supply was cut off. The Spanish has been slowly moving out of Houstin, and they probably started months before I left.

But why?

As I laid in bed, I was taken back to something else Raphael said. Specifically, someone that he had mentioned.

Eric.

Burner phones aren't the only things that Eric deals out. He dabbled in drugs, too.

So, he had a tie with the mafia. A very small tie, but all it would have taken was a couple of officers to go the gangs and ask around and they would have found him with a snap of their fingers.

And that soldier left him alone awful quick. And looking back, that bug was on the inside of the door frame. The soldier never would have had access to the inside of Eric's house unless it was there before hand. And Eric didn't look too happy when I crushed a piece of expensive spyware. Also, if some random girl from your school tells you that she's trying to escape the don of the Spanish mafia, you would think that she's crazy. Eric didn't. He didn't seem surprised at all.

That son of a bitch.

This has all been planned from the start.

It had been a thought in the back of my mind that my escape was too easy. Too many things had gone right. My luck isn't that good. What if that fight that had broken out was planned? And why was a folder full of information on the Russian mafia just sitting in plain view on a table in a room devoted to the Italian mafia? What if it had all been part of Sebastián's scheme? Someone had clearly been following me. What if they let me leave so that I could lead them right to the Italians? To their rival's home. The very mafia that they had a whole wall of information about people that would be easy targets.

Raphael was right.

We have no idea of what's to come.

-

I woke up with a killer headache. But I knew that I would be forced to go to school. And it would probably be a good idea to go. I need to talk to Haidyn about Théo and see what her opinion about him is. He doesn't go to our school so her take on him will be based soley on what I tell her.

I climbed out of bed and proceeded with my usual morning routine.

I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed breakfast.

I was waiting for Antonio to come downstairs, but he never did. I sighed, knowing that he probably didn't end up going to bed last night. I walked back up the steps back to the hallway that our bedrooms are in. I knocked on his door and realized that I had never been in his room.