shiver me timbers

heyyy. there will be sexual assault in this chapter so beware!

I smiled sheepisly at the two angry men standing in the doorway

I smiled sheepisly at the two angry men standing in the doorway. I made eye contact with Alessio and was met with a cold glare.

Shit.

Alessandro briskly walked over to Xavier and pulled him up out of the chair and dragged him out of the room. Alessio took a more calm approach. He walked over to me, not breaking eye contact.

"Stand up." He directed. I slowly stood up out of the chair and broke the staring contest we had going on. I looked down at the floor, trying to stop the thoughts that were coming into my brain.

He's not Sebastián.

He's different.

But what if he's not.

No. Stop.

He's not going to hurt you.

I was stolen from the land of bad thoughts when I felt a hand under my chin, lifting my head up gently. My gaze followed the movement, stopping only when my head was brought up high enough to see the face of my eldest brother. His face had morphed from anger to a soft expression.

The coldness in his eyes turned warm and the harsh scowl he originally wore was replaced with a more neutral look.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out. "I wasn't thinking. I was in the hallway getting ready for my next class when Xavier came running down the hallway. Whatever he was doing seemed like it would be more fun than english, so I followed him."

I put my own special spin on the story.

He sighed. "Sorella, I'm not angry. I'm more surprised. I didn't expect this out of you."

He's disappointed.

There's never a worse feeling in life than knowing that your family members are disappointed in you. Especially that person basically decides whether you live or die.

I felt a tear start to come to my eye, but I refused to let it fall.

I looked away from him and out the window that over-looked the student parking lot. I saw where I am supposed to meet Luciano after school.

Well, I guess we can cancel that plan. Throw it out the window. Gone.

I could feel Alessio's eyes staring into the side of my head. I gave in and turned my head back, meeting his eyes once again. "Come on, Marlowe. Let's go."

He put his hand on the middle of my back and slowly guided me out of the office. I saw Alessandro signing Xavier out of school with a murderous look in his eyes. After he was finished, he looked up and saw me. His gaze softened slightly, but then he must have remembered that I got into trouble to and the killer look was back.