hi mom

I spent the rest of the day just sitting by Luciano in the living room while he and Antonio played video games

I spent the rest of the day just sitting by Luciano in the living room while he and Antonio played video games. I could tell that Antonio didn't really want me there, but I didn't talk. I just sat there, bathing in the fact that I was finally sitting by Luciano again.

It started to get dark out and I was starting to get tired. Ever since Alessio told me I would be starting school on Wednesday, I started trying to go to bed earlier so that it wouldn't be too hard to get used to when school started.

Pretty soon, all of my brothers were sitting in the living room with us. Antonio and Luciano turned off the game and turned on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Despite people saying that it is one of the scariest horror movies, I was actually fine with it. I was silently laughing because of how fake the blood and guts looked.

I felt my eyes start to droop and my head start to fall on Luciano's shoulder. I felt his head move to look down at me. He adjusted his arm so that it was around my shoulder.

I fell asleep to the sounds of screams on the TV.

I'm not a psychopath, I promise.

After a little while, I felt myself being pulled away from Luciano. I allowed my eyes to flutter open to see Alessio carrying me. I moved a little bit to get comfortable. He looked down at me.

"Go back to sleep, sorella. I've got you."

I nodded slightly and moved my head in his chest, falling back asleep.

-

I woke up the next day with a feeling of dread in my stomach.

I have to go to school tomorrow.

Shit.

I was so not prepared. If my brain wasn't playing games with me and I was right, then that means that Luciano isn't the only person from my past that I'm going to encounter this week.

I got up and walked into the bathroom. I lifted up my shirt a little bit to look at the bruises on my ribs. They were finally starting to get better.

I made a mental note to get a shower that night so I wouldn't have to get up too early in the morning.

I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen where I saw Orlando standing by the stove.

I grabbed a glass from a cupboard and walked over to the fridge to fill it up with water. I sat down at the island and pulled out the phone Lorenzo bought me.

Orlando turned around. "Good morning, capretto."

"Morning." I responded shortly. I kind of just felt like isolating myself today with little to no interaction with anyone.

I sat there staring at the marble countertop, gripping my water glass.

I am so not ready for tomorrow.