22. Staycation

"Are we all staying at the same place?" Annalisa asked looking at the building, "This is just asking for trouble."

"It's an Airbnb," I told her. We unloaded the car and headed up the flight of stairs to the second floor. The lights were on inside and Peyton opened the door and we walked in.

"There's a pool in back," Peyton said.

"Oh hell yeah. That's where you'll find me," I said excitedly.

Jacob and Xolo surprised the group with a little beach house getaway at an Airbnb. It was a little bit of a road trip to get here. The girls all rode in one car and the guys in another. So I haven't seen Tanner since our last conversation of him wanting to leave things professional between us.

"We went and grabbed some food so we're stocked for the next few days," Hannah said as we came back downstairs where everyone was.

"This is probably the worst idea to have all of us in one house together," Gianni told us.

"What's there to do around here?" Tanner asked.

"We were thinking of going hiking. There's this trail that leads to a sick waterfall," Jacob told us.

"We should see if they have zip lining," Xolo suggested.

"I don't know about that one," Annalisa responded.

Everyone pulled out their phones looking for stuff to do. My mind wandered as I realized that Tanner and I were going to be living in the same house for awhile. It gave way to many opportunities to talk to him which I was trying to avoid.

"I think I'm gonna head to bed early," I told the group.

"You feeling okay?" Peyton asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Just tired."

~~~~

After a long restless night of me battling with my thoughts and emotions, It was morning now and everyone was gathered and ready go on our little hiking adventure. Jacob was insistent on swimming once we reach the waterfall so I wore a bikini under my jean shorts and t-shirt.

Somehow we all squeezed into one car, Hannah was sweet enough to have me sit on her lap so I wouldn't be stuck with the boys in the back. Once we parked at the designated spot we made our way up.

We sat waiting as the group slowly made their way to stop. I found Tanner at the very end seeming to be making sure no one gets left behind.

"Just remember there's a lake at the end of the trail and on the way back it's all downhill, from there," Xolo said.

"Very true," Jacob agreed, "What did you expect when we said we'd be going on a hike?"

"I don't know like a stroll through the woods to the beach," Annalisa replied out of breath.

After everyone was able to catch their breath and relax we started up the trail again. Gianni and I were in front.

"I think we lost some of the group," Gianni said as he glanced behind us. I took a look and Xolo was only a few feet behind us. Jacob was behind him a bit and then you could faintly see the girls and Tanner way farther back along the trail.

"I mean we'll get there when we get there," he shrugged and I nodded in agreement. The rest of the hike wasn't terrible it had flattened out and the complaining had quieted down, most likely because they were so far behind. We finally made it to the lake and the group sat down in exhaustion.

There was a trail to walk around the lake that was surrounded with tall green trees. There was sort of a rock formation a bit further down the path that Jacob was already hyped to jump off of.