9. Rise & Shine

I turned over in bed and my head started to pound a bit. I looked to my bed side table and saw that I had three empty water bottles. At least my drunk self could take care of me. I was still in my dress from last night. The clock said that it was 11am.

 I groaned as I reached to grab my phone off the bedside table noticing a trash bucket beside the bed that was luckily still empty. My phone was flooded with texts from the group chat.

Karate Kids

Xolo Did everyone survive last night?

Gianni
Yeah, all thanks to me.

Xolo
Thanks Mama Duck 🦆

Jacob
Lmao I'm dead 

Gianni
I'm never gonna be DD again. It was like running my own daycare.

Nicole
Will you all shut up and stop blowing up my phone?

Xolo
Anyone hear from Syd and Peyton or did they not make it?

Gianni
I let them fall off the pier and drown in the ocean.

I set my phone down as my head hurt from the brightness of it. I sighed pulling the blankets closer around me. I sat in silence and almost fell back to sleep.

"Knock knock."

I opened my eyes thinking I had heard someone and then my bedroom door opened up and in came Jacob, Xolo, and Tanner

"Rise and shine," Xolo sang opening the blinds making me push my face into my pillow.

"Go away," I groaned through my pillow.

"We hadn't heard from you for hours. We thought you were dead," Tanner told me.

"I am dead," I sighed.

"We were thinking of heading to the beach again to just hang out and relax," Tanner said.

"That sounds good," I agreed. "And I'm starving," I added.

"Well we can get some food then we'll head over," Jacob said playing with a random hacky sack I had in my room, "Can I keep this?"

"You do what you want, man." I sighed.

"Get ready and we'll go." Xolo said.

I went into the bathroom to get ready and the boys went to wait in the living room.

Karate Kids

Xolo
Syd's alive and is getting ready to head to the beach with us.

Nicole
I've got Peyton here getting ready. We'll meet you guys in 20

I washed my make up off from last night and brushed my teeth. I was going to take a shower but figured we'd be in the water and would need a shower after anyways. I threw my hair up into a quick bun. I finished getting ready and walked into the kitchen.

I grabbed some Tylenol from the cabinet.

"Why'd you guys let us go that far last night?" I asked Jacob and Tanner who were leaning on the counter.

"Well we weren't the ones doing secret shots in the bathroom," Tanner said.

 "When did I tell you about that?" I asked.

"When you ate it on the boardwalk and he had to carry you back," Jacob answered and I face palmed, "You and Peyton passed out in the back seat. You were practically drooling on each other and Tanner."

"Shut up," I said throwing a tangerine from the counter at him and my face turned red.

"He's kidding, it was impossible to get you two out of the car though and up here," Tanner said.

"I mean I had a good time so honestly I'd do it again," I shrugged.

I quickly had an apple and packed a beach bag before leaving with the boys. As we walked to the lobby and the rest of the group saw us they clapped a few times.

"Wow, you're alive." Gianni told me.

I laughed. I was also starting to remember what had happened last night. Tanner had carried me all the way back to the car and let me fall asleep on him. It seemed like he always knew what I was feeling even when it might not show to everyone else. I stared at the long brunette haired boy ahead of me thinking about how sweet he had been to me. No, I was probably overthinking it. Everyone here had been so kind to me it wasn't anything different from them. Right?