12. BBQ

Over the past day or so Peyton and I had gotten closer with Hannah and Annalisa

Over the past day or so Peyton and I had gotten closer with Hannah and Annalisa. We were all going to Ralph's house tonight for the BBQ. All of us girls including Nicole were hanging at Peyton's apartment having a fun girls day. We watched some movies and just made small talk so that we could get to know each other more.

We decided once the movie we were watching was over we'd head on over to the BBQ. I sat on the floor doing my make up so I wouldn't have to rush to do it. It was nice to sit and relax all day in comfy clothes and not have to be rushed around on set.

"I love chick flicks but the second hand embarrassment gets the best of me," Nicole said.

We laughed as we all agreed.

Suddenly the front door opened, "Knock knock," Xolo said as him, Jacob and Tanner walked in the door.

"You can't say knock knock if you're already in the room," Peyton rolled her eyes.

"What are you guys doing? Sitting around being lazy?" Jacob asked.

"It's called relaxing," Annalisa shot back.

"Yeah, looks like a lot of fun," he said sarcastically as they went to raid the kitchen.

"So you come over and make fun of us only to take our food?" I asked as the guys all turned to me and nodded.

I rolled my eyes and we finished up the movie. I put away my make up before getting dressed. I put on a white long sleeve crop top along with some light jean shorts. I took down my hair from the bun it was in and touched it up before walking back into the kitchen.

"Nice, now you look like a human being," Jacob commented and I went to fake punch his stomach.

"I'll fight you," I answered threatened.

He got in his fighting stance. "Bring it on blondie."

We both play fought each other for a minute as we waited for Peyton. Once she was done getting dressed we headed down to Hannah's car while the guys all went in Jacob's car.

We pulled up to Ralph's house and there were a few other cars parked in their driveway. It was a beautiful white house that was backed right up to the ocean. As soon as we got out of the car I could smell the BBQ. We made our way in and found everyone in the kitchen along with other crew members.

"Here come the ladies," Ralph said as we joined them.

"Thank you for having us," I said as the others chimed in their thanks.

"It's no problem, it'll sure be the first of many and we just wanted everyone to get to know each other," he answered.

"Make yourselves at home, feel free to check out the backyard," He said pointing us downstairs and out their back door. There was a closed in back porch with a patio couch and a long table to eat at along with a large pool. Towards the ocean they had a dock with a boat and two jet skis.

"Don't tell the boys about those," Peyton pointed to the dock.

"Oh I'm sure it'll be the first thing they see," Nicole answered.

There were a few chairs under a tree along with a hammock so we sat down just as the boys came out of the house.

"So we already have it planned out. We're coming back tomorrow to go use Ralph's boat and jet skis," Xolo announced as they came outside.

"Did I not call that?" Nicole turned to us.

"You sure did," Hannah answered.

"What?" Xolo asked as they all gathered around where we were sitting.

"Nicole knew you guys were going to be all over the boat and jet skis as soon as you got here," Annalisa informed them.

"We're guys, what do you expect?" Jacob asked.

There was a game of corn hole set up in the yard so Xolo convinced me, Hannah and Gianni to play. The boys were winning by a few points when Ralph called us over for dinner. We sat around two different tables since there were so many people at the BBQ and few just in chairs. I sat on the couch putting my plate in my lap.

"Hello," Tanner said sitting beside me as we squished him, me and Annalisa on my other side.

"Hi," I laughed, "How's it going?"

"Pretty good, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm good, I got some fries," I said looking at my plate not entirely sure what else to talk about. I looked around the room and found Peyton staring at me. I gave her a stern look not to say anything.

"How has your fight training been?" I asked him trying to make conversation without overthinking everything.

"It was good, there was a few mishaps but it went fine," he shrugged.

"That's good. They'd be pretty mad if any of us actually hurt each other in these 'fights'," I answered taking a bite of my burger.

"Yeah, that's the last thing we'd need in the first week," he laughed.

"See I don't have to worry about stunts," Annalisa said on the other side of me.

We finished eating and watched as Annalisa got up leaving me and Tanner by ourselves.

"You look a lot better than you did at the beginning of the week," Tanner said.

"Thanks?" I laughed trying to decide if that was an insult or a compliment.

"I mean you look a lot more relaxed," he explained.

"Yeah, I definitely am," I nodded.

"That's good. See, I told you you had nothing to worry about," he said.

"Yeah, I know," I agreed, "Thanks for your advice."

"No problem," he smiled as we turned our attention back to the group..

The girls had moved back outside where we had been seated earlier and they now had the hanging lights turned on in the tree while playing music from a speaker.

"It would be so fun to actually live out here," Tanner said.

"It would. You'd get to go to the beach whenever you want," I laughed.

"That's true," he noted before Peyton called over to us.

"Hey, you two, stop being so socially awkward and come hang with us," she yelled.

"I didn't realize we were being socially awkward," Tanner laughed as we got up to walk over.

"Neither did I," I agreed as we joined them.