21. Icebreaker?

I'd spent the past three days getting back into an old hobby of mine, figure skating, I was currently at a local rink that was nearing closing time. Our group had been postponed on filming until the scenes from them filming in "Okinawa" with Ralph were finished, which was said to be about two weeks. The group kept getting together and I had avoided their calls not wanting to face anyone especially a certain someone.

I glided with my skates on the smooth ice. It was a freeing feeling, in some ways it really helped distract me and keep my mind clear. I'd practiced the moves I was best at and to my surprise I still had it. In one quick movement I landed my triple axel letting out a sigh of relief.

The manager who closed the ice rink these past few nights was a very sweet woman who agreed to let me stay just a bit after closing and skate a little longer having the whole rink to myself. She let me know she was going to be closing the cash registers before heading to her office upstairs, if I needed anything. I took this as an opportunity to play some music of my own to skate to and see if I remember my routine from back in the day.

I've had Conan Gray's album on repeat lately. Specifically 'Movies' and 'Yours'. Those were the songs I decided to skate to. It felt like I escaped into the music whenever I did this when I was younger.

I took a deep breath as I heard the music start playing, listening to the melody I let my body glide through the ice and the lyrics.

"Falling in love with a damn fantasy
That's so me, so me
But I've been livin'
Life ain't fiction In my head, we're dancing in the dark
In my head, we kiss under the stars
But we know that's not what we're doing
'Cause, baby, this ain't like the movies
Movies, movies
I want a love like the movies"

~

"Oh-oh, all I really wanted was that look in your eyes
Like you already know that I'm the love of your life
Like you already know you're never sayin' goodbye
But I'm not yours
I'm not yours, I'm not yours
I want more, I want more
But I'm not yours
And I can't change your mind
But you're still mine..."

The piano music slowly came to a fade, before I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and skated to my phone to turn off my music.

The echo of clapping sounded from behind me causing me to jump a bit. I quickly spun on my skates for my heart to stop when landing on the figure standing at the ledge of the rink. The last person I expected to and wanted to see.

I used every force in my body to gather my voice into speaking. "Tanner?"

I shakily grabbed my phone before skating to where he stood. I took in his appearance of a grey hoodie and black sweats. When I finally looked at his face, his eyes were glowing matching his smile that was spread across his face.

"That was amazing, I didn't know you could figure skate," He beamed.

I let out a nervous laugh, "Yeah I did a lot back when I was younger,"

"So uh, what are you doing here?" I asked out of curiosity.

His smile never left his face as he spoke, "Well the guys are really eager to get everyone together for some big announcement, and so I asked Peyton where I might find you." He explained.