HONSIM; promise

takes place sometime after street fighter ii the animated movie.

———

— "remember about the promise we swear to stay...?"

edmond looked at dhalsim's face, feeling like crying after trying to leave his husband all alone in the village. whatever that is, dhalsim regretted every word he spoke whenever he argues with him. it's probably the first time something like this would've happened. unlike fighting together to win the match, but that's never the case. they don't do it seriously.

— "the promise?" the sumo wrestler asked while he sniffled. "the promise to stay?"

dhalsim nodded.

— "i know the promises we swear. but if we keep fighting like this, it could break." honda replied.

the yoga master sniffled. "i don't want that.." he broke down in tears when the sumo wrestler came to him. honda hushed softly and gave his husband a hug.

— "it's my fault for not helping enough, edmond! i really can't go through the same way my people died from the plague!" the yoga master cried. "if i could ask you to help, we can work it out together to help out the village!" when dhalsim needed help, edmond encouraged dhalsim to find a way himself, but that didn't end well. it almost made the sumo wrestler leave.

— "it's my fault too for not helping more. maybe if i could just listen to you, i would've helped. but that went wrong.. i was so goddamn stupid." edmond sniffed.

— "i'm sorry edmond.. i really am."

— "i'm sorry too, dhalsim."

they both gave each other a hug, gripping one another. dhalsim squeezed the most because he was afraid that the love of his life would leave him. or even worse, divorce from the argument.

— "will you promise me to stay..?" dhalsim asked while he kept on sniffing.

— "always..." edmond replied.