"She and Caleb can come," Scott said.

Stiles frowned. "What? Seriously? What if she gets hurt?!"

"Like she said, she can use magic."

Stiles huffed. "Fine. You can come, Maggie."

Maggie grinned. "Thank you." She turned to walk away again, a stride in her step.

Stiles looked at Maggie who'd walked up to her brother. She still seemed uninterested and that hurt more than he cared to admit. He wished she felt as he did. But nearly ten years into knowing her and loving her, it didn't seem like anything would change. Although, there had been times as of late when she had let her guard down around him, so maybe there was a chance. But he'd just had to wait and see. And he would; no matter how long it took.

Scott went to talk to Allison and returned to his friends. "We gotta head to the clinic."

Stiles drove the three of them to the Animal Clinic and as soon as they got inside, Deaton told them about something called ketamine.

Scott frowned. "Ketamine?"

Deaton nodded. "It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time. This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

Stiles licked his lips nervously. "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?"

Deaton smiled slightly. "It's from the Mountain Ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble."

Stiles frowned. "Okay, so what? I just spread it around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped."

"Doesn't sound too hard."

"Not all there is. Think of it like gunpowder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

Stiles glanced to Maggie and Caleb before turning back to Deaton. "If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

Deaton let out a sigh. "Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will," Stiles repeated.

"If -- If this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it."

"Mm-hmm."

They drove to his house because he needed to grab something. He tapped his steering wheel in frustration.

"Stiles, what is it?" Maggie asked.

"Deaton. It's too much pressure," Stiles replied.

Maggie glanced at Stiles. "I can be there if th make the pressure easier."

"Uh, yeah. Yes. That would help. A lot. Yes."

"Stiles, relax. I just offered to come. That's it."

"I'll be back. Wait here."

He walked inside his house and came out a few minutes later.

Stiles found out that his dad had been stripped of his position as sheriff.