nights

i laid in bed, in the dark, wiping my own tears.

i miss home. mom just called me to show me goldies dress for a special needs dance she was invited to. then collins called me and told me about school & her friends and she said that my cousins miss me too.

i knew this move would be hard on me but i never expected it to be this hard. it gets worse when im without trevor too, like right now trevors in nashville then hes off to carolina, and i have this road trip off.

"MK?"

"yeah?" i asked, trying my best to not sound like ive been crying for the last 30 minutes.

"hey, you okay?" he asked, opening my door so the light from the hallway shining onto my face

"yeah." i lied.

he saw right through me, he saw my face and my tear soaked shirt.

"macy-kate?" he leaned against the doorframe.

"im okay."

he walked in, shutting my door, "may i?"

i held my arms up and jamie laid on top of me, "this help?"

"yeah." i said, my hands playing with his hair.

his head was on my chest, as i ran my fingers through his hair

"nights suck. i miss home and my family. i dont want to be here jamie, i hate it here." i sobbed.

"we both know thats not true MK. i could see how excited you were to be here when we first met."

"but i wasn't homesick then."

he looked up at me, "dry your tears babe."

he used his thumb to wipe my tears.

"everythings okay."

"is it?" i asked

"i can promise you it is. you love being here, i can see it through your eyes. when you came home after the home opener and you just kept going on & on about how much you love what you're doing & how you felt at home. i dont know who or whats telling you that you dont belong here but throw those thoughts away." he soothed me.

"i could kiss you for that."

he pushed himself up and pecked my lips.

"i love you MK." he kissed me

woah.

"im sorry i shouldn't of said that. that slipped." he confused

he move to leave me, but i grabbed his arm, "stay with me?"

he climbed in bed next to me, under the covers and wrapped his arms around me.

"can we makeout?"

"dont push it!" i said

"yes maam."

"why are you obsessed with me?"

"because." he stated

"no i need like an actual reason." i said

"i cant just be obsessed with you?" he asked

"there has to be a reason." i said "wait! you admitted that you are obsessed with me!"

he smiled and kissed my shoulder, "youre very affectionate."

"i just want some love back."

"im sure youve got models in your dms." i rolled my eyes.

"and im sure you got cowboys in your dms."

"i dont." i laughed.

"let me be the first." he laughed