Elijah was curious, ''You want to open your business? What kind?''

I gave him a sly grin, ''Not saying.''

He chuckled to himself and the atmosphere already felt better. We chatted for a while longer before he pulled out the contract. I took another fifteen minutes to read it carefully.

To make sure I wasn't making a deal with the devil.
The pen stood next to the paper and I signed my name on all seven pages, before he gave me my copy and I read it, then placed my signature on it as well.

''I am curious about many things.'' I announced as Elijah poured us another glass of alcohol.

''Ask.''

''Why me?'' I paused for a moment to properly form a sentence, ''I mean, I know it's definitely not your first time, and that you probably had other options, so why me?''

He was sitting across from me, sipping on his drink, with a smirk on his face. ''You annoyed the shit out of me.''

I was taken aback, ''What? Why?''

''You walked into my office with an attitude, and that annoying soic face. I wanted to break you completely, and once I saw you at that club, I had an idea. Why not actually break you? Ruin you for any other men that will come after me.''

I blinked, ''Oh, wow. I don't remember when was the last time I met such an egoistic man. Do you seriously think you can break me?''

''You do know what kind of dominant-submissive contract you just signed, right?''

I chuckled, ''Nowhere in the contract stated I couldn't be a brat, and you haven't seen me being bratty. We'll see who will end up being the winner here.''

I set him a challenge, loud and clear. I saw it in his eyes — he wanted to prove me wrong more than anything else. He was looking at me like he was going to devour me any second, and I loved it.

Though, I averted his attention to something else once I noticed the obvious bulge in his pants.

''Why am I not to see anyone else, and why three months?''

''Because, we are going to do plays that are going to be rough on you. Of course, I'll take care of you, but if you go out and do it with someone else, I cannot take care of you for two people, nor I want to. You're a smart girl and you know better than to take on two relationships at once, it will drain you out completely.'' He paused, ''And it will be in November, you need a few weeks of rest because your finals will start in January.''

I smiled. It never crossed my mind that he was so thoughtful or had a sweeter side to him.

''Another important thing, pick your safeword and I'll pick mine. Of course, the goal is never to push you that far so you need to use it, but it's a must, otherwise we can just burn the contracts.''

''Of course. Mine will be vanilla. I can't see myself actually saying it during sex, so it should be that one.'' I licked my bottom lip, ''How about you?''

''Bullet.''

I laughed, ''Why bullet?''

''A funny story, actually. The first time I had sex with a girl, her father didn't like me and sent a hitman. The bullet missed me, so I always pick bullet. It's a reminder of the worst night of my life.''

I grimaced, ''What kind of girls did you date?''

He drank the rest of his whiskey, ''I never dated. It's not an important component of my life, and I never had the time, since I was always in school or learning business from my father.''

I was going to reply, but he cut me off, ''And please, do not fall in love with me. If you do, I'll notice and we'll anull the contract. I don't need a submissive that will be in love with me, it will cloud your judgement."

I laughed it off, ''Who do you take me for? No feelings involved.''

•••

''Freya, could you attend a meeting in my stead? Mr. Vaughn has another meeting, and all you need is to take notes for him.'' Ellie asked, desparation laced her tongue.

My eyes lit up at the thought of finally being free of paperwork duty, ''Yes. Of course. When does the meeting start?''

Ellie glanced at her watch, ''Two minutes ago. First room on the second floor.''

''Damn it.''

We were on floor number twelve. It would take me at least three minutes to reach the second floor. And that flood was strictly off to any employee aside from the most important clients, shareholders, board directors, and of course, Elijah Vaughn himself.

Ellie knew she threw me in the lion's den of the most mysogonystic, sex deprived men on planet. Ninety-percent of them were middle-aged, bald, with a beer belly and more money than they could spend.

''I apologize for my tardiness, gentleman.''

One of the directors was not amused, ''It's not like we have other meetings to attend, Miss Preston.'' His voice was filled with venom and the cuss words I thought of weren't enough to express my hatred towards this man, Mr. Louis Stevens.

If the CEO of the company was unable to participate in the meeting, the secretary he sent in his stead was to take his seat and his position for the duration of the meeting.

They hated that I was seated at the head of the table.

I opened the big notebook and clicked my pen, ''Let's start, shall we?'' Despite the smile I gave to try and lighten up the room, they were all still gloomy and hated my guts.

Fucking imbeciles.

The meeting was about whether or not we were going to buy a gas company. Whilst they discussed the pros and cons, I got a text from Elijah. He told me to make the decision in his name and that he would back me up whichever the choice ended up being.

''That company is not worth fifty million dollars.'' It was mainly to piss off Stevens, though I wasn't lying. Of course, he saw possible profit and was on board immediately as the dollar signs flashed through his head.

The decision was going to be made by voting.

''Miss Preston,'' He stated and clicked his tongue, annoyed, ''I have not finished the presentation, it is rude to interrupt me.''

I ignored him, ''Irrelevant. You have not brought anything to the table we didn't know already. If we get them big, they will bring us money. That is a big if at stake. If not, we will not only be short fifty million dollars for buying it, but another hundred million for all the renovations and the advertisements, not to mention to pay every worker to cover the previous owner's depts. And we already own a few gas companies. What is so unique about this one?''

He remained quiet and all eleven men had their eyes on Stevens, patienetly waiting for another response.
''Even if the business blooms, it will take it at least two years. It's a lot of money at stake for a whole lot of nothing. Can you guarantee the success?''

''No, but you can never guarantee it.'' He said.

I chuckled, ''Yes. But the odds here are 70:30, and the seventy percent goes to failure.''

I enjoyed the look on Steven's face. He was mad as hell.

And eventually, I won. Seven men, to my surprise, backed me up. I felt amazing, not only for putting that bastard in his place, but because a little message waited for me when I turned the phone back on.

Elijah wanted to see me tonight.

•••