63. Training

"Jerr has informed me you don't have much experience as a wolf?" Dell inquired. He leaned back in his wooden chair, tossing a small item he'd been holding on the table in front of him.

I tried looking for it, but I didn't sense any condemnation in his tone. "I have only been able to shift once, due to circumstances," I confirmed with a small voice.

"I will oversee your first wolven training, then."

"There needs to be an Alpha present to subdue your wolf if you lose control," Jerr clarified, probably after seeing my slightly confused gaze.

"Oh," I muttered.

"I can probably shove aside some of my duties this afternoon," Dell continued. "If all goes well, I won't be needed much in the coming days, so one of my men will be supervising your training. You will train in human form in the morning, wolven in the afternoon. In between, you will be assigned duties in camp."

"Okay," I agreed.

"I will have to discuss it with my men first to confirm, but I think Loic would be good for the human part of your training, and perhaps Reuben could take on the wolven part of it."

"That sounds wonderful," I concurred, even if I had no idea who those two men were. I didn't really care, either, but I was curious about what the training would entail exactly.

"Then we are agreed," Dell breathed, a polite smile pulling at his lips. "I will go get everything in order. I will see you in the training field when the Sun is halfway through her descent."

"Yes, Alpha," I said, bowing my head and exiting the tent after his unspoken dismissal.

I had been eagerly waiting, nervously dwelling around the camp, keeping my eyes on the Sun like a hawk

I had been eagerly waiting, nervously dwelling around the camp, keeping my eyes on the Sun like a hawk. She moved down eerily slowly, denying me my second shift.

But then she neared her halfway point, and I had made my way over to the training field. I had found the people here were far more helpful than they were in Rahas. I hadn't even needed to ask someone for directions: as soon as someone saw my lost face, they offered me help.

I quickly found the training area, a large open field, where the ground was raw and brown, and all the trees were cut. Three wolves were training their combat skills, fighting each other until they drew blood.

To the side, just in front of the tree line, a small, wooden wall was placed, resembling the one in Rahas, where I had taken off my clothes before I had my first shift.

My legs were jittery with the anticipation of finally shifting again, unable to stand still.

I still tried my best to compose myself. I didn't want the Alpha to see me as this nervous, uncontrolled little pup. But I didn't want him to think of me as indifferent, either.

So when my legs weren't moving with excited anticipation, they were trembling with nervousness, caused by my own sunburned mind.

"Well on time," I heard from behind me.