Eight

Jimin got to Jjille's apartment early, he'd talked himself through the meticulous plan laying in bed the previous night. Tae was snuggled against his chest, long slow silent breaths that were so familiar and should have been comforting. He was going to go through it with, talk to Jji, make the proposal and then commit. He'd take it all the way if he had to, he'd make the best of it. The alternative would make him hate himself, and he wasn't sure how much more of that he could stomach.

He was entirely surprised to find Hobi in the living room tying his shoes when he punched in the door code and let himself in. That was an interesting turn of events, he'd never expected that his hyung would spend the night. He knew Hobi could be affectionate and even soft at times, but Jjille didn't belong to him, he'd have no motivation to want to take care of her in that way. Giving her a comfortable first sexual experience was one thing, staying through the night was another, not Hobi's style.

"What a weird surprise." Jimin laughed, but Hobi frowned and stood wrapping his thin fingers around his bicep, without even speaking he dragged Jimin back out of the apartment.

"I need to talk to you before you see her." Hobi blurted out with what Jimin could only call an unhappy smile on his face as soon as the door thumped closed.

"You spent the night? Are you going soft?" Jimin teased, trying to win a real smile from him, but Hobi shook his head dropping Jimin. He was clearly in no mood for even the smallest joke.

"Let's go back to your apartment, is Tae still there?" Hobi walked to the elevator pressing the call button roughly.

"You're going to make me leave her in kneel waiting for me?" He raised a brow looking back at the apartment, but walked into the elevator when it pinged and opened it's metal doors.

"I shouldn't have done that, but it's too late to take it back." Hobi was muttering, Jimin wondered if he was even speaking to him, or realized he had spoken aloud.

"Done what?" Jimin suddenly felt worried, had something gone horribly wrong? He started to hit the open doors button, Hobi could wait.

"She's fine, just come talk with me." Hobi cut him off as if reading his mind.

"Tae already left he's going with Kook to get breakfast." Jimin let them both into his apartment and tried to not panic.

Even if Hobi said she was okay, something clearly happened the previous night. He'd stayed over, out of character, and now he was behaving very erratically, completely unlike him. Hobi was controlled, he understood himself and never acted this way. Jimin wondered if he'd had regrets because he'd wanted to turn Jjille down.

"You're giving me anxiety, just tell me what's going on." Jimin sat on the arm of one of the couches and watched Hobi pace, his long legs striding between the hallway and the living room.

"I was only teasing when I said she would pick me. I didn't really think she would, I was almost certain she'd pick Yoongi." Hobi finally stopped, gathering a breath that lifted his chest as he inhaled.

"I didn't, I knew you were right all along."

"I'll make this short. I have feelings for her Jimin. I wanted her to pick me, but at the same time I didn't. She's got eyes for only you, I'm a consolation prize because you won't have her. I hoped she'd pick Yoongi because I'm too much of a fool to turn her down and I knew it would cause me pain. And now I definitely know there's feelings there and I don't want to let her come back to you." Hobi looked miserable, each sentence a knife driving downward seemingly into his own stomach.

Jimin felt chilled, icicle fingers that twisted up his spine. This was bad, monumentally awful, there was exactly zero chance in hell Irene would give her sister to Hobi for free. On the flip side of that thought there was no way Jimin could risk the guys finding out Irene's true nature by allowing Hobi to purchase Jjille. He felt ill just imagining what would happen if any of them knew he'd been training her for Irene's profit. They'd never look at him the same.