CHAPTER 20

Authors note:

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late update. I know I said weekly that I would post, but school and other things got in the way. I'm coming up to my last year of school next year and I was trying to do well and barely had time for anything. Now that I am on holiday you can guarantee more updates will be happening! I promise.

If any of you have tips on getting more reads please let me know. (i know updating more will help)

I hope you enjoy!!!

***

DING DING DING

To understand each other, we started circling, watching every step that the other person took. This gave me the opportunity to fully analyse him. With his tall frame of about 6'2, his large biceps and muscular legs, along with his broad shoulders, he was a powerful man for his height.

I clenched my fists, ready to get what I deserved - payback.

Drowning the crowd out, I was ready. I waited for Mabuz - the ruler of death, to make the first move, but I could tell he was waiting for me. I would not give in to him. I've never made the first move before and I wasn't about to change that. Sweat trickled down my brow from the adrenaline rush.

Finally, he stepped forward and swung at me, which I blocked. He quickly threw another punch that I couldn't block; A blow to the gut. All the air in my body escaped and pain shot through me. My breathing was heavy as I tried to obtain more air. Mabuz took that as a sign to land one on my face. My head spun, and I tasted the metallic mess of blood, spitting it out to get rid of it.

Satisfaction covered his face, making my body shake with something I haven't felt in a very long time. Something inside of me changed. I was furious. A laugh escaped my lips as I spat more blood out. I might just kill the guy if someone doesn't stop me.

I let him have his fun. Now it was my turn.

In a fast motion, I stepped forward, fake swung and quickly landed a blow onto his cheek. He recoiled, and I moved in for another hit. After a few more, I let him have a minute to breathe. I wanted this fight to last. I wanted to watch as he shrieked in pain, begging for surrender; but it would not be that easy. He fights dirty and I have to make sure that I don't get caught up in it.

I was about to swing a fist at his abdomen when he caught my arm and turned it. I screamed in agony, but overcame it quickly. I took hold of his thighs and dragged him to the ground and pinned him to it. I laced my legs with his so that I was straddling him and he couldn't move. Being shorter and lighter than him was a disadvantage, but I knew the right techniques to make it work. My fist met with his nose. A loud crack noise came from it and he grunted in pain, blood falling.

Mabuz tried moving but was struggling while breathing deeply, until he pushed my face up, making me suck in air and flipped us over, straddling me. The little bitch was heavy. Like, how much did he weigh? Fucking hell.

"Well, isn't this a little kinky?" His low voice chuckled out, making me squirm until his grip as droplets of blood fell onto my face. "Having all these people watch as you squirm from underneath me, covered in my blood." He whispered in my ear. It was then that I noticed all the laughs from the crowd and snarky comments about this being a boring fight.

Fine, you want a non-boring fight, I'll give you one.

Mabuz continued, "I would love to see how you-" He got cut off by me kneeing him in the back and standing up to get away from him. I watched as blood dirtied his face and he had bruises forming on his chest, all because of me. I smirked at that thought.