CHAPTER 13

authors note:

Hi, my loves! I cannot tell you enough about how grateful I am for you. Thank you for sticking with me and staying to read even when I don't update for a few weeks. I am sorry that the updating isn't in a cycle, but due to school and other things, I just can't have 2 chaps ready every week.

But anyway, here is the long awaited chap 13 :)

PS. I wrote this at 2 am so I'm sorry if it's a bit all over the place.

***

Following Owen into the large interrogation room had me closing my hands into a fist so harshly that my nails pierced my skin. I felt the blood slowly reaching the small open wound, so I quickly placed my hand by my side, not to draw attention to it.

We walked through what looked to be a small side room door, and before I could turn around to see exactly where we were, the door was closed shut.

I span around and what I saw next made me want to bang on the door for the guards to let me out.

I looked between both of the men standing in front of me, and I gulped.

"Mr Black, I didn't know you were on call tonight." I nervously stated towards both Sam and Cole's father.

He chuckled and gestured to the seat, which I sat down in straight away to get off my shaky legs. I don't think I could've trusted them any longer than 10 seconds without having them give way.

"Lilith, I'm chief. I'm always on call. And when I heard both you and Colten were coming in, I had to come and see if you guys were okay." He admitted while giving me a short smile. "I'm terribly sorry about what happened to Justin, Lily. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope if things get too tough, you will let me know and I'll try my best to help you."

"Mr Black, if you knew that I had a steamy makeout session with your son while covered in Justin's blood, I think you would be saying differently." But I didn't say that.

I said, "Thank you, sir, I really appreciate it. Things have been complicated, and I-I just feel so lost. I t-thought we were going to get m-married and have kids. Still, then he never showed up to our movie date, and I only thought that was because his mom asked him to stay and help him with something, but it was because he was being killed." I bawled my eyes out after I said that last line. I just had to give it a little bit of spice, you know?

Now, the only reason I said the big paragraph was to get them thinking I was innocent and was just waiting for my boyfriend to come to cuddle with me. The other reason was to state how much I 'loved' him. I mean, I used to at some point, but not any-fucking-more.

"Lily."

Justin's a fucking cunt that deserves to rot in hell-

"LILY"

I was snapped out of my trance when a hand laid onto my shoulder and softly shook my body.

"Sorry, it's just we better get started on the questions so we can get them out of the way to let you go home quickly and try and take your mind off all of this." He sweetly says. "Is that okay?"

I mumbled back a small yeah, and then both the men sat down. They shared a sympathetic glance my way before turning to look at each other and speak quietly.

I must be fucking superwomen or something, but I could hear everything they were saying. I mean they were right in front of me. Do they think I'm dumb?

"She's been through enough in her life, and now her boyfriend just died. I can't imagine her pain." The chief whispered.

Owen gave a look that basically screamed 'I PITTY HER', and I had to bite my lip not to say anything.