Chapter Six

It has been a couple of days since my time with Sean. He brought me a coffee the next day at Bill's and asked me to go out with him that night but I said no. I told him that I wanted to take things slower. He nodded in understanding then we exchanged phone numbers. I haven't heard from him since that morning with the coffee and I know he is waiting for me to make the next move.

It's Thursday night, my first night at the club this week. As I pull into the parking lot I am surprised to see only a few cars. Thursday isn't our most popular night by any means but I am surprised at how dead it is here tonight.

I open the heavy metal door to the back stage and set my bag down on the counter in front of one of the garish, lighted mirrors. I take out my sexy cheerleader outfit and my makeup then begin to paint my face. For some reason, tonight I decided to wear less makeup. I usually wear it like war paint, or thick enough to be a mask. But tonight I just put on some bright blush, and some mascara. I pull my hair up into my signature high pigtails and put on my sexy cheerleader outfit.

As I am about to go on the floor, Phil calls out to me.

"Jen, we're slow tonight. I need you on the pole until 11 then you can do the floor." Phil says to me as he flips through his scheduling book.

"Ok, I need to change into my stage routine outfit." I say and turn back towards the dressing room.

"No, you can go out like that--there are only a few customers here and I need someone on the stage now." Phil replies and closes the scheduler then turns away from me.

The lights dim slightly and the music begins to play. I step out onto the stage and begin my routine. My outfit isn't great for the pole and it is getting twisted around my body.

I untangle my legs from the pole and begin to slowly walk to the end of the stage as I am opening my cheerleader top. I make eye contact with a man at the end of the stage who has been watching me intently.

I squat down in front of him with my knees open and lean back on my heels so he can see my body. I take off the top and toss it to the side then lean towards him.

He grins at me slowly but doesn't look at my exposed breasts. His light-colored, short hair is slicked back and he has long sideburns. He is wearing a black leather jacket with a light-colored vest underneath and a button-up shirt. I realize that he is probably one of those grunge band guys but he seems...different. He is here alone which is odd, these men always travel in packs.

I lean forward towards him and he stands and leans on the stage. I smile at him and he smiles back at me, staring deeply into my eyes. He reaches behind himself and pulls his chain wallet out of his pocket. He holds a hundred-dollar bill up between his two fingers but does not extend his hand out to me. I lean closer to him so our faces are almost touching. I can smell the Jack on his breath. He grins at me then slowly runs the hundred dollar bill down my chest and my stomach then tucks it into the front of my thong. I feel his cold fingertips inside my panties and it sends a chill down my spine. My nipples harden. He drops his gaze to my breasts then he smiles at me knowingly.

"Holy fuck." I think to myself and rise from my squatting position to continue my routine. Customers never make me wet and I turn to face him again wanting to regain the control he had taken from me.

But when I turn around he is gone. I scan the room for him but don't see him anywhere. I finish my routine and exit the stage, still wondering where that man had gone.

I put my sexy cheerleading outfit back on then hit the floor for the next leg of my shift.

As I am at the bar talking to Brad, our bartender, the sexy man from earlier leans up against the bar and faces me. He has blue-grey eyes and strong features. My stomach clenches slightly at the sight of him and I feel the wall that I instinctually have up around these men begin to crumble. My mask slips from my face and I know the fear in my eyes briefly shows itself to him.

He looks at me thoughtfully, then reaches into the front breast pocket of his leather jacket and pulls out a pair of dark sunglasses.

He leans off the bar, faces me and places the sunglasses on my face. 

He finally speaks and I hear his voice for the first time. It is low and has the western Washington twang characteristic of our region. He says, "Those will help with your mask tonight."

I feel my jaw drop slightly. Shocked at his intuitive nature and perception.

Not knowing what to say, I revert back to my stripper persona and say seductively, "Do you want a lap dance?"

He chuckles slightly and replies, "Sure."

I take his cold hand and lead him to a dark corner of the club. I don't want Randy to yell at him if he touches me.

He sits down in one of the booths and shrugs out of his leather jacket. He is wearing just the light-colored vest and a banded collar shirt. I haven't seen a man in that type of shirt for a long time and I instinctually raise my hand to his neck and trace the collar of his shirt with my finger.

It is buttoned all the way up and I wish I could see his chest. 

He chuckles slightly and smiles at me. He reaches up to my face and takes the sunglasses off he had put on me earlier. 

"Don't wear these with me," he says quietly. "You don't need a mask with me." My heart beats fast and hard from his words and I don't know what to do with myself. He pinches my ass slightly and grins at me playfully. 

 I snap back into my stripper persona and smile at him lewdly then straddle his lap. I grind on him and slowly begin to unbutton the front of my cheerleader top. He takes my hands and stops me.

He holds my hands in one of his and then places one onto each of his shoulders. He runs his hand up the back of my leg and I feel the desire I have for him building inside me.

"I like that you don't wear much makeup," He says to me in a thick tone as I continue my movements against him.

He runs his other hand up the back of my leg and spreads his fingers across my exposed ass cheek.

I realize in this moment that this man is controlling me and I am letting him. I push back on his chest, pull my top off and rub my breasts across his face. Trying to make this lap dance on my terms again. 

He smiles up at me, I grab his face and give him a deep, lustful kiss. He runs his hands down my arms then rests them on my hips where the band of my short cheerleader skirt begins.

He chuckles deeply and I break the kiss. Frantic to try to control the way he makes me feel.

He unzips the back of my skirt so I am on his lap wearing only the tiny g-string. I bend down and kiss him deeply again and he runs his hand up the back of my thigh, over my ass, along my back, and then begins to twirl my long pigtail between his fingers.

He pulls my hair slightly bringing my head back then kisses down the front of my neck.

Suddenly, Randy is standing next to us, a furious look on his face. "Jen, we can't have this here and you know it." He looks at the man and says, "You are out, bud. Leave."

The man chuckles and says, "Alright, I'll go."

I'm still on his lap when he tries to reach into his back pocket for his wallet. He leans his face forward into mine trying to maneuver himself. I wrap my arms around his neck and place my lips to his again. He chuckles against my lips then says, "Babe, I can't get to my wallet, I'm going to have to move you."

He moves me off his lap onto the cold leather chair next to him. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet then gives me four hundred dollars.

"You are too good for a place like this. You need to go back to school." He says to me and tucks the four bills into the band of my panties. He reaches across the table and grabs a bar napkin and a pen then scribbles something on it. He hands me the napkin then puts the sunglasses back on my face. 

I watch as he rises up from the booth then he turns and smiles at me. I smile back at him and he leaves.

I look down at the bar napkin. Beneath his phone number he has written, "Call me if you need anything -- Layne."

After the man leaves, I sit at the leather booth and try to figure out what just happened. I never allow men to have this kind of control over me. I never let men take care of me or tell me what to do. And yet, I found myself wanting to let him touch me, and wanting to trust him.