Rasberry chiffon

As it would turn out, pretending to be Nyxa's pet would involve a pink collar and a leash. What annoyed me the most about it the smug gleam in her eyes as she hooked the leash to the collar.

I have to walk beside her, head lowered in very-real shame. This wasn't what I intended for when I said yes. It doesn't matter anymore; I have a way to the hotel without major complications now.

  The demons we pass don't even give us a second glance, but I begin to smell something in the air. Raspberries.

  It's the same cake I baked a while ago. It was a raspberry chiffon cake with vanilla buttercream and rose petals. My sister wanted something for the opening night of her new play, and I love trying out new recipes. I don't think I even tried it once before it disappeared.

I wonder how Aria is doing. Has she even noticed I'm missing? Maybe she thinks I'm with Ike. Oh, no, no, no, no. Mom, Dad. Please, please notice I'm not there. I didn't run away. Oh, no.

"Hey, little human girl, keep walking," Nyxa says as she pulls on the leash. "You better repay me for this favor. I'm not doing this out of the kindness of my heart."

"I-I couldn't te-tell," I mutter, cursing myself for not being able to talk clearly. "I t-thought you were nic-nice."

She whirls around, and I shrink back. Her expression morphs with hatred, causing me to wish I hadn't spoken up.

"Look, I thought you'd be some quick toy I could break, but no. If you weren't Vi's new possession, I'd destroy you right here and now. Keep telling yourself how lucky you are, Little Girl," she hisses, swiping her nails across my face.

Pain blossoms and burns, and I can feel my blood slowly bead up and trail down my cheek like runny ganache. I reach up, and my hands come away covered in sticky red.

Nyxa catches me hand and moves it towards her mouth. She looks right at me and begins to suck on my bloody fingers, her ears swiveling back. A few small moans rise from her throat. When she's done, she licks her lips suggestively to clean them off and smirks. Her tails fluff up and sway.

"Let's keep going, girl," she says much too calmly. "I'm growing impatient."

  The walk to the hotel isn't really all that far, but Nyxa keeps stopping to look at different stores. On the sixth one we pause in front of, I'm feeling incredibly nauseous. I'm doing everything I can to not curl over and throw up right here and now.

  "C-can w-w-we please g-go?" I hear myself murmur from where I'm sitting.

  The fox demon takes one look at me, rolls her eyes, and pulls the leash so very hard. "Come, girl."

If it wasn't for the situation I'm in, I'd probably be interested in this type of thing. I drawn enough art pieces that were similar to this, with the only difference being that this was against my will.

Off again, Nyxa doesn't glance my way as she drags me around. It doesn't matter, because we're at the candy-sign hotel within twenty minutes. I can't believe it. I could have run here in the time she was distracted.

Nyxa takes me inside and speaks in a low voice to the demon behind the desk. She gestures to me, and I ignore her.

The scent of raspberries is stronger in here, and I see another beautiful demon who looks like a galaxy come to life.

He has pitch-black skin that fades to brighter colours at his hands and bare feet, not unlike Nyxa. His hair silvery-white, but his eyes are the most shocking thing. They're completely black, with stars swirling around. The clothes he's wearing are purple, and they remind me of a prince's suit.