Chapter 17: Eri And The School Festival!

Today was the day of the school festival preparations began and the whole school was preparing and setting up the schedules for all the activities as well as plan what to make for the food for the food stands. All from class 1A to class 1K including all the 2nd and 3rd year students were getting their booths ready ahead of time for the big day that was slowly approaching! Akano on the other hand was actually in his dorm room meditating. Any opportunity he had to train he would take full advantage of it. The first step to mastering this new quirk that fused with his was find a way to control the energy flow to help him use it at will. That's why his mental training with Tengan was a great way for both of them to work as a team. As he woke up from his meditation, Akano was sweating as he flopped back into the floor to catch his breath.
"Good job today, Tengan."
"Likewise, Akano. We've been doing much better than usual, but all that stamina training you've been doing with Nejire really helped you out."
Tengan let out a hardy chuckle which left Akano's face embarrassingly red.
"S-shut up!"
"Well it works! Soon we will be getting a better hold of our powers as well, so let's do this again later."
Akano shook off the embarrassment and went to grab a towel to dry off until he heard a knock.

"Who is it?"
"It's your favorite Blonde with my partner in crime."
"Oh hey! Come on in!"
As the door opened, right there stood the wonderfully energetic best friend, Mirio Togata. As he walked in, he was very well dressed wearing an outfit that looked awfully familiar. Just behind him was a very familiar green haired individual, Izuku Midoriya.
"Yo! Whatcha been up to, and why are you so sweaty?"
"Sup Mirio and hey Izzy! I was just doing some training. What got you both all dressed up today?"
"Well today is the day we start setting up things for festival remember?"
When Akano heard Mirio said that, knowing today was going to be time to make sure things were ready for Nejire's pageant competition. Him and Tamaki were signed up as her assistants for the event, thanks to Yuyu who made absolutely sure they were going to help.

"Oh right. I need to get dressed to start helping them out."
"We're also going to see Eri. She woke up from her feverish state and requested to see Midoriya and I, so we're on our way to see her now."
Akano paused for a moment.
"Wait Eri? That little girl you guys saved?"
"Yup! That's why I came by your dorm because I wanted to ask if you'd like to join us?"
"To come see her?"
"Yeah! It'd be nice for you to meet her."
"Hm... well I guess I can swing by to meet her."
Mirio was excited and had a big smile on his face.
"Awesome! I already told Aizawa Sensei that you were going to come because you wanted to meet her."
Akano let out a sigh and chuckled.
"Why am I not surprised. Well let me get ready and then let's head out."
That's when Akano went get some clothes before heading to the showers to get himself washed up for the day.

Once Akano was ready, wearing the UA uniform, the three made their way to the hospital where Eri was at.
"It's been awhile since we got this much downtime to hang out."
"Yeah! It's like we always get caught up in so much hero work and school."
"It's definitely been a while since we last hung out with each other, Akano."
"Big time Izzy. I've dropped by to check on auntie at least from time to time to see how she is doing. She keeps telling me how proud she is of you."
Izuku was a bit surprised to hear this, but it made him smile. However, the one who was shocked the most was Mirio.

"Wait You guys are related?!"
That's when it hit Akano and Izuku that they never mentioned this to Mirio because they never really had the topic of discussion brought up.
"Actually Mirio Sensei, Akano's mother was really good friends with my mother and we just ended up calling each other family at that point."
"My bad Broski, I thought I had told you about this already. Now that I think of it... I don't think Nejire and Tamaki know about it either."
"Well when were you ever going to tell us??"
"To be honest... I have no idea, but hey! Better late than never."
Akano started chuckling as Mirio started chuckle with him as well. Izuku was just surprised to see Akano and Mirio's interaction. He had only seen Akano here and there, but the two never really had some time alone like this. It was a nice change of pace for once, and really felt like they were connecting again. That was when Mirio asked Akano something he was curious about.
"Hey Akano. How was that mission out at Narukami city?"