Chapter 41 | apologise

Start from the beginning

"Fuck... I need to apologise. I really need too..." Marinette sighed.

She knew a decent amount about the situation from being Ladybug and helping with the miraculous, but there was still so much going on she didn't know. But she did know that this whole situation was a complete mess and very, very stressful on Adrien and Luka. And knowing what they were going through... she felt bad for blowing up at them a while back and making their stress even worse. They didn't need the unnecessary stress about the friendship and argument right now. She needed to go apologise.

As fast as she could and with a few trips over her own feet, she got dressed for the day, grabbed her bag and a pastry on the way out for breakfast. Tikki being awoken from her sleep and quickly stuffed into her bag in the process. Thanks to her grandmothers present of a Vespa, she was able to zip down to Jagged's place rather quickly. Having the address from when she was dating Luka, and they'd hung out there to use his dads instruments.

She ran up the front steps and rang the doorbell, the anticipation on who'd answer killing her. To her relief, it was Jagged who liked her already.

"Ayyyyy it's sunglasses girl" he said, never letting go of the fact she deigned those glasses for him.

"I know this is a really bad time, but... Luka and I got into a fight a while ago and I really want to apologise. It's stress he doesn't need right now so I want to fix it" Marinette explained.

Jagged looked rather different without his glam rock get up, and his hair flat instead of sprayed up into liberty spikes. It was the first time Marinette had seen him like that.

"Aw damn, what about? Didn't think you two would ever get into a fight" he asked.

"Long story... I feel bad knowing everything that's happened recently. Can I see him... and Adrien?" She replied.

Jagged sighed, he really shouldn't be letting people in right now since he was absolutely expecting the police to show up today because of Gabriel and he'd have to explain the situation. He didn't want the kids involved in that. But he also knew this was important to them.

"Alright, but make it quick. We have shit to deal with today thanks to that sack of poorly packaged horse shit..." he agreed.

"Thank you!" Marinette replied.

"They're in the garden"

She rushed past, through the main room and down the hall to the back door. Although when she turned the corner she almost ran into Nathalie.

"WOAH! Sorry!" She said.

"What the- Marinette?" Nathalie replied.

"I'm not here for long I know it's a bad time. I just want to apologise to the boys for a fight we had a while ago and then I'll be gone! Promise!"

Nathalie remembered Adrien telling her about that fight, so she knew the situation and figured it would be ok to let them talk quickly.

"Alright, they're having breakfast in the garden" she said.

"Thank yo- Emilie?" Marinette replied.

Nathalie turned to find Emilie had woken up and was coming to join her for breakfast.

"Good morning Nat, and..?" She said.

Marinette starred for a moment. She'd never seen Emilie in the flesh before, only in pictures. It was so odd seeing her alive knowing what had happened to her.

"Oh! Uh- Marinette. One of Adrien and Lukas friends. We got into an agreement and I'm here to apologise. I know it's a bad time but I just need to let them know I'm sorry..." Marinette explained.

Emilie smiled, she couldn't wait to properly meet all Adriens friends, they seemed so nice.

"It's good to know he has friends that can understand mistakes and own up to it. I'm sure they'll understand, those boys are too good for this world" Emilie said.

"I hope so, well uh- nice meeting you but I gotta go fix things" Marinette replied.

She rushed past Nathalie and Emilie, taking note of their messy appearance. They had just woken up after all, but if she wasn't mistaken did Emilie have some marks on her neck?

Finally making it to the back garden, she spotted the boys sitting together at an outdoor dining set having just finished breakfast and talking. They looked so happy, so calm together. Luka with his arm around Adrien who nuzzled into the crook of his neck, the two of them fit together like puzzle pieces. It made Marinette feel even more bad. Even if she essentially lost her crush to her Ex, she knew full well she can't control who people fall for. And she absolutely can't control someone's sexuality.

She took a breath and approached the boys.

"Um... hey guys..." she began.

They looked up, a little shocked to see her.

"Mari-" Luka began.

"I know this is a bad time but I just needed to come and tell you that... well, I'm sorry. For everything. I was so high on emotions and I let them take over, I'm surprise I didn't get akumatized. Im sorry, both of you. For blowing up like that and saying all those nasty things..." she said.

She looked down at her feet in shame, genuinely nervous they'd not forgive her. Luka sighed, he knew she'd come around eventually.

"I knew you'd understand eventually" he said.

"Really? You don't hate me?" Marinette asked.

"I don't hate you, I could never. I get you were high on emotions. Even though it was wrong and it hurt I know you didn't fully mean it, you're not that kind of person"

"I think we were all in a bad situation... and still are really" Adrien added.

Marinette was actually a bit surprised they were so forgiving. She thought they'd hate her now, and she understood if they did.

"I don't need forgiveness or anything, I just need you guys to know I'm sorry. I was wrong, I understand what I did. I take it all back and... I'm happy for you, I can't think of a better fit for each other" she continued.

"Mari, don't stress it. We understand. Let's just forget about everything, we have much bigger problems right now. We can all go back to our normal friend group and leave it in the past, yeah?" Adrien said.

"Friends? Well... boyfriends and a friend?" Luka asked.

Marinette sighed in relief and smiled, thankful that things were finally behind them.

"Yeah, boyfriends and a friend. And... you guys are ok right? With everything that happening?" She replied.

The boys looked at each other, grip one each others hands tightening.

"No... but we'll be ok. I have my mum back, I have Nathalie, Lukas family is helping me. And I have baby blue..." Adrien said.

Baby blue? Fuck that's so cute. Marinette couldn't help but smile a little at that.

"We'll get through it hey sunshine? It'll be ok eventually" Luka replied.

Baby blue AND sunshine? Holy shit they were so cute! Marinette proceeded to mentally slap herself for ever being mad, how could she be mad at something so sweet?