Chapter 19 | Adrien's sweet 16

Today was the day, the one Adrien had been counting down the days for. Not only was his birthday party a costume themed one, it was one with all his friends. The first time he'd had a proper birthday party.

After thinking long and hard about a costume, he decided on recreating the iconic pink pyjamas look from 16 wishes. He watched the movie all the time as a kid and figured he should dress as a character from an iconic sweet 16 movie for his own sweet 16. So he woke up that morning buzzing with excitement for his party later that day, hung up his costume for later and occupied himself with excitedly texting his friends asking what time they'll be there and what they were dressing as.

As he thought, they all insisted on it being a surprise what they'd be dressing as and told him he'll have to wait.

So he paced around all morning practically vibrating with excitement. Until finally that afternoon hit and it was time to get ready for the party.

"Only you would manage to make pink pyjamas look like a runway outfit" Plagg snickered, watching Adrien cuff his pants in the mirror.

"How can I not do the 16 wishes look on my 16th birthday? It's too iconic" Adrien replied.

"You're jumping out of your skin with excitement there kid"

Adrien turned to face the tiny cat, a big smile on his face.

"Duh! It's my first proper birthday party! And it's my sweet 16! AND Luka is sleeping over tonight!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah it's a big deal for you. 16 is a big age for you humans" Plagg replied.

"You're like a thousand years older than me and still act like a toddler you know?"

"I do not!"

"Yes you do, now come on get in my pocket we gotta get going"

Plagg stuffed himself into the pocket on the pyjama shirt, poking his head out to talk.

"There better be cheese there" he said.

"There will, now shh!" Adrien replied.

Slipping the matching slippers on and grabbing his bag he happily skipped out the door and downstairs to wait for Nathalie and go see his father. He was a bit disappointed his father wasn't coming, but he wasn't surprised. Still, he figured he could at least try and get a happy birthday out of him. Rushing into his dads office, he excitedly skipped over to him.

"Father look! Recognise this outfit? I'm Abby from 16 wishes! I used to watch it all the time" He smiled, showing off his costume.

"Yes I remember that movie. Your mother used to watch it with you" Gabriel replied, glancing up at his son for only a second.

"Thank you for letting me have this party father, it's going to be so much fun"

"Don't make me regret it. No trouble making"

"Relax, we'll be fine. I know you can't come but you'll be awake still when we get back right?"

"I should be" Gabriel states.

The conversation was dry as usual, Adrien's hopes of a more meaningful conversation with his father dwindling.

"Oh, and by the way. Now I'm 16 I can learn to drive, I kind of want to get a Vespa. Can I get my learners for it soon?" Adrien asked.

Gabriel looked up at him a blank expression as he pondered.

"As long as you learn to drive a car too, as soon as you start lesson I expect a perfect attendance and score" he replied.