Chapter 27 | lovin

A/n: keep in mind the boys are 16, underage. So while no lemon, teenagers have hormones so they can have a little bit of spicy kissing. As a treat.

Everything has just hit the fan. In a matter of days Adrien finds out his abusive father is Hawkmoth and Luka gets screamed at by his ex which lead to the whole friend group having this awkward tension. Marinette hasn't spoken to Adrien at school since the argument, and was avoiding him and Luka. Even Jueleka, just for being Lukas sister and on his side. Nino and Alya were working hard to calm her down and fix things, but it was proving difficult.

Luka felt like the whole ordeal was his fault in a way, although he knew full well that it wasn't. He and Adrien fell for each other and consensually entered a romantic relationship, that's all that happened. And to think something as innocent as that caused such a mess.

Adrien wasn't having a fun time either, his hatred and fear of his father only grew and every time they passed each other in the halls of the home he'd tense up. He was afraid of being screamed at, hit, and now akumatized.

Nathalie was desperate to find a chance to steal the peacock miraculous and meet up with the heroes, she just needed the right moment when Gabriel wasn't looking. All she could do was conserve her energy and wait, resting as much as possible so using the miraculous didn't hurt her any further.

Everyone was just trying to pick up the shards of their shattered lives and pull it all back together again. It was hard, but they were trying.

Luka wasn't able to sleep, he just looked up at the roof as he lay in bed filled with a million thoughts. And it seems Adrien couldn't sleep either, because a quiet thump by the window caught Lukas attention, and in the cat attire his boyfriend stood.

Sliding up the window to let him in, Adrien quietly slipped in to not wake anyone else in the houseboat up.

"Hey, it's late" Luka whispered.

"I know, I couldn't sleep" Adrien replied, de-transforming.

His kwami was quick to scoff as the mushy display of affection with the kiss Luka pulled Adrien into. And the tiny cat was off to raid the fridge looking for cheese, Luka was used to Plagg stealing the families food at this point. Somehow his mother hadn't noticed yet.

Adrien crawled into bed next to Luka, who wrapped an arm around him.

"Thinking about how shit life has been recently?" Adrien sighed.

"Yeah... I know it's not my fault but I can't help but feel like it is" Luka replied.

"Baby blue you need to stop beating yourself up over it. Mari will get over it, she's overreacting"

"I know, I Know. Plus your problems are arguably bigger than mine..."

Adrien nuzzled his head into Lukas shoulder, craving some kind of contact comfort.

"I talked to Nathalie about it, she's going to see if your dad can help out too. Your mum suggested it since he's got a lot more power and influence. You know, being a famous rock star and all" he explained.

"My dad likes you, he'd definitely want to help" Luka smiled.

"He does?"

"He gate crashed as he usually does to come see me and Juels. He spotted the pictures on the pinboard and said, quote 'you bagged the Agreste kid? Rockin dude. Way cooler than his snooty dad. Keep him"

Adrien snickered, that was THE most Jagged thing to say. It was always great to see that despite the past, he and Luka could patch things up. Having a good dad is something Adrien didn't have the fortune to experience, but at least his boyfriend could manage it.