Sought Comfort

Something must've clicked in Donnies mind.

In Donnie's broken and depressed mind.

Because as soon as he laid down. And as he looked to the ceiling while laying on his back.

Hot, salty tears built up in his eyes and rolled off of his face.

"I have 24 hours until my livers give in..."

"No. I can't do this, I don't deserve this, I need to get help. Immediately."

He climbed down from his bed and stumbled out of his room, Donnie immediately went to Raph. Who was snuggled up so comfortably that Donnie felt kind of guilty for waking him.

He set his hand on Raph's shoulder and gently shook him awake.

"Hey, hey Raph...?"

Raph's eyes blinked open as he squinted at Donnie. After processing that Donnie was out of his room and standing over him he quickly woke and sat up.

"Hey buddy! Is something wrong? I know you haven't been out in weeks and now you're coming to me so something-"

Donnie cut him off.

"Raph I made a mistake...a bad one"

"What happened, are you okay Don?"

Just like when they were little, without saying a word Donnie took Raph by his hand and led him to his bathroom. He showed Raph the almost empty Tylenol bottle but couldn't put what he wanted to say into words.

Raph puzzled, he looked at the bottle and then to Donnie, who was looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

It took Raph a minute but he finally understood what happened.

"...Donnie..."

Donnie's eyes looked up but his head didn't shift the slightest.

"How much did you take..."

"Over half the bottle I'm pretty sure...I'm sorry Raph I-I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't figure out why I did it..."

"You don't need to apologize, I need to get you to a hospital though, do you just want me to go with you? Or everyone else too?"

"Just you- I don't want anyone else to have to deal with me."

A frown came across Rapheal's face but he nodded his head. Both of them rushed to the Turtle Tank and set out for the Hidden City Hospital. This time Donnie would actually be there while one of his brothers was too.

While on the car ride over there, Donnie awkwardly messed around with his robotic prosthetic. Checking wiring systems even though he knew they were all in check. He just didn't want to do small talk...anything but small talk.

Raph drove out to the alleyway and parked the Turtle Tank. Pulling a dark cover over the whole thing to keep it out of sight.

The walk to the hospital was even more awkward, because Raph and Donnie both agreed to walk close by. To make sure neither of them ended up missing.

But Donnie had yelled at Raph, and of course, Raph had remembered.

He apologized.

"Raph..?"

"Yeah Don?"

"I just wanted to apologize for yelling at you...you had every right to go through my stuff, especially after I hid so much from you guys. I didn't mean any of the stuff I said, I was just...angry."

"You don't need to apologize, I need to get you to a hospital though, do you just want me to go with you? Or everyone else too?"

"Just you- I don't want anyone else to have to deal with me."