Seeking Comfort

[Present Time/Foot Clans Secret Hideout]

Donnie laid on the ground on his side, blood dripped from his mouth once again. His vision was blurry and his head throbbed. Mae had come in and beat him with that same metal pole from before. This time was because he had slept in by accident. He didn't have a watch or clock of any sort so it was difficult for him to tell the time.

He hadn't eaten in a while now. His body has started to eat away any extra fat, he was getting starved and beaten.

'What more could these assholes do to me.' Donnie thought.

He laid on the ground for a few more minutes, finally he sat up. Donnie started to wipe the blood away, but it kept flowing from his mouth. He dug into his battle shell for a medical kit. He pulled out a small kit, he pulled a couple of tissues from the kit and stuffed them into his cheek where the blood was flowing from.

But something was wrong, he felt something harder in his mouth besides the tissues and blood, he spat into his hand. Sitting in the palm of his hand was a singular tooth.

"HUH?! NOO! MY BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, STRAIGHT, HANDSOME TEETH HAVE BEEN RUINED!"

Kenneth banged on the door.

"Shut up dude!"

"YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND KENNETH! NOT ONLY DID LEO PULL OUT A PERMANENT ONE WHEN I WAS LITTLE, NOW I HAVE ANOTHER TOOTH GONE!"

Kenneth poked his head in the room.

"I could literally care less, get to work!"

He solemnly looked down at the little tooth. Once the bleeding stopped he started to feel around with his finger where the tooth had fallen out of, it appeared to be a molar on his top set of teeth.

He frowned, now he's lost his leg and one of his teeth, but a leg is way worse than a tooth of course.

He stuck the tooth in the small med kit and put everything back in his battle shell. He continued to work on the weapons. Fixing them, probably better, than they had come, not on purpose but by habit. Donnie's head started to ache, he pushed his palm in between his eyebrows. He hasn't eaten or drank anything. He looked down at his legs and arms, they were slowly getting skinnier. Donnie frowned, but he had an idea, one that he somehow hadn't thought of yet.

Donnie pulled off the T-shirt he was wearing. He pushed the release buttons on his battle shell, it popped off and he picked it up and set it in his lap. He opened the back hatch and looked through it for extra food.

"Aha! Yes!" Donnie said happily as he pulled out a couple of granola bars and cheese crackers.

"I can't believe I never thought to look in there." He said as he opened a granola bar, and immediately ate the entire thing. He stuffed the rest of his food back into his shell and put it back on his back.

He threw aside the wrapper and looked down, something had fallen out of his shell, he picked it up.

"Oh, it's my wallet, must've slipped out." He said as he opened it up.

Something slowly drifted down from the wallet and landed right side up. A family photo.

Mikey was in the middle, he was grinning widely. Leo and Donnie were on either side of him. Leo was leaning down on Mikey's shoulder, and Donnie was smiling at the camera. Splinter was also there, he was standing beside Mikey, flashing a big grin. Raph was in the back, his upper half poked over everyone else, one of his eyes shut and his mouth smiling. April was standing between Donnie and Raph, her head was poking through on top of Donnie's shoulder, tongue out smiling.