"Okay, I get it- not heavy," you laugh a little, before realizing just how hard it is to focus on anything else with how close he is.

"What a ridiculous question. I'm only carrying you like this so you don't get hurt. The other method, again, wouldn't be ideal," he repeats, allowing his feistier side to fade into something calmer. "Just bear with me until we reach your hotel room, yes?"

I still don't think there's any real difference...is that really true? That I'm more likely to slip in his arms when I'm on his back? He didn't have an issue when he was climbing up the wall of Chinvat Ravine with me, and he wasn't supporting my legs at all back then.

Then again...what reason does he have to lie? It's not like he wants to carry me like this, right?...I'm obviously letting my imagination get the better of me.

"Okay, Tighnari."

He seems pleased by your reply, as mundane as it is, looking away to continue walking. With his eyes no longer on you, you bite your lip and decide to discreetly crane your neck over his shoulder to give his back a quick peek. Granted, it's hard to be secretive of what you're doing when you're in his arms, but the payoff should be worth it as always.

At the bottom left leg of his pants, you can see his tail wiggling under the loose fabric, making you smile and turn back to see Tighnari side-eyeing you with knit eyebrows. Although he looks annoyed, the view has both satisfied you and eased some shadows of concern lingering in the back of your mind. You're still having thoughts that he might find you difficult to be around.

He said what he said in the stairwell, about enjoying your meetings together and finding you fascinating. It's a relief, but...what if he changes his mind? What happens when you stop being interesting?

Will he forget you too?

Don't think about that right now. You're having fun, remember? Look at that face of his, don't tell me he's not basically asking you to tease him more.

"What are you looking at?" he says more than asks, his voice a flat deadpan that clues you in on the fact he knows exactly where you were staring.

"Proof," you answer without hesitation, watching as confusion blooms across his fair features and washes away any retort he might have prepared to combat a normal excuse.

"'Proof'?" He repeats, watching with mild suspicion as you keep smiling at him. "Of what?"

"Proof that you aren't as annoyed with my ridiculous tendencies as you pretend to be," you answer plainly, reaching up to gently poke his nose playfully.

Paired with your words, you watch as a light hue of red dusts over his cheeks at your words. His ears are twitching under his hood, flicking much stronger than they usually do and nearly pushing his hood back. Seeing this, you reach up and pull it down more along his head so it doesn't fall.

"You...!" He growls a little, thoroughly embarrassed as you crane your neck over his shoulder again. "Don't look back there!"

His tail is still wagging. If anything, it's wagging even more violently than before, just like his ear twitches. Wow, if you had to guess, he must really find you fun to be around. He's just such a stiff that he won't let loose normally, will he?

It looked like he had fun chasing you yesterday when you brought him to your hotel room...maybe he doesn't usually behave like that.

Still, it's amusing. More than that, it boosts your mood significantly.

"Seriously though, if I was able to see how my friends felt when I would talk to them, I probably would have realized earlier they didn't need me arou-"