𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙒𝙊

Start from the beginning

"What about a security system? I have a hard time believing they didn't suspect a thing" Natalie wonders, but Maya shakes her head.

"Sadly, they didn't and I'm thinking in a good upstanding neighborhood like this, people around here don't even lock their doors" Maya states, to which Natalie shakes her head in shock, "I could never have that much trust. I literally have an alarm system and two safes with guns in my house" Natalie states as Maya removes her sunglasses and sends a confused look to her sister.

"You only have 2?" Maya asks as Natalie looks over at her sister, "How many do you have?" Natalie wonders as Maya begins to count in her head. "8" Maya answers, to which Natalie's eyes practically bulge out of their sockets.

"Listen, sister. I have fought many wars in my lifetime. I need all the security and more" Maya states, patting her sisters back jokingly as she removes her sunglasses and proceeds to enter the house, side by side with Natalie.

The sisters enter the parents' bedroom and see a forensic guy snapping pictures of the blood-soaked sheets and comforter. "You think some of this blood can be from the unsub?" Natalie asks and Maya shrugs with a little hope.

"It could be and if it is we can try and get some DNA" Maya says as she circles around the bed, remembering the mothers' body was found in the hall and the father never made it out of the bed.

The two women travel out of the bedroom and into the hallway where multiple blood handprints stain the walls and pools of blood surrounds the hallway carpet. "She probably touched her husband's blood and went to go look for her son, but obviously" Natalie voices as she hovers hands over the handprints on the wall, "she couldn't see a thing."

"She spent a lot of time out here. Some of these prints have double. She was probably going in a circle and couldn't locate where her son was" Maya voices as Natalie nods and lets out a 'you don't know the half of it sigh' "These handprints are all over the house. In the bathroom, the kids' room, and even the study. Poor women had no idea where she was going in her own house" Natalie says as she steps over a pile of dried-up blood.

"I have to say this unsub is bi-polar. He killed the husband quickly, but it was clear he let the mother roam around for a good while before bashing her skull in" Maya announces, looking around the house at the bloodied handprints. "The real question is why?".

Maya's phone starts to ding and when she pulls it out, looking at the text message she has received, she sighs, "They found the body of a young boy." Maya tells Natalie before the both of them travel down the stairs of the home and rush outside to their SUV.

____

Maya and Natalie arrive at the scene and see Derek has already arrived. Stepping out of the car, they see paramedics strolling a gurney with a body bag on top of it. Maya comes up behind Derek, placing a hand on his shoulder before receiving a nod. "It was Ronny" Maya says softly, but loud enough for Natalie to hear as she looks back at the paramedics placing the body bag inside the back of their vehicle.

"How long has he been dead?" Natalie wonders, "Judging from his body temp, about 7-8 hours" Derek answers as Maya shakes her head in disbelief before she realizes that means Ronny was killed just after he was abducted.

"He was killed pretty fast then" Maya states as Derek nods in agreement, but his eyes have a hint of shock in them. "It doesn't make sense to me. He put in all that effort to take him" Derek says as Natalie wanders off to search the site where the body was found.

"It was probably about the effort to get the child instead of the child himself. It's possible this unsub just likes the thrill before the kill" Maya says, shrugging her shoulders since they see this all the time in killers. "Calm before the storm type of guy" Natalie adds, joining the group with her arms crossed over her chest.