𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry"
-Ash-

Over at Quantico, the rest of the team wonders exactly who the new girl is as she heads into Hotch's office

Meanwhile, Maya and Derek were a few feet away at Derek's desk. Maya was standing up against it while Derek stood in front of her, his arms resting in her waist. Maya's hands stayed on Derek's shoulders as she gazed into his eyes, admiring the view and a smile growing on her lips.

Derek slowly leans in and places his lips on Maya's and Maya returns the gesture back by moving her lips in rhythm with his. "They're like that high school couple who can't keep their hands off of each other" Garcia says as her and the team start to watch the happy couple from a distance. JJ rests her hands in the pockets of her jacket as she refuses to look at the two of them.

"Gross, right?" JJ questions jokingly while Rossi shrugs his shoulders.

"I was waiting for the moment" Rossi declares while the team continues to watch Maya and Derek intensely. "They're staring... again" Maya says softly, gently swaying her now dark brown hair out of her face before her nose brushes up against Derek's smoothly, causing chills to run through both of their bodies.

"I don't mind" Derek shrugs before he leans in for another kiss before Hotch exits his office with the new girl standing behind him.

"Conference room" Hotch voices and the new girl begins to follow him which makes everyone look around at each other. Did she get the job?

The team meets up in the conference room and sees the new girl sitting down in one of the seats. "Everyone, this is SSA Kate Callahan. She'll be joining the team" Hotch introduces and Maya puts on a friendly face and leans over the table, shaking Kate's hand, congratulating Kate and introducing herself before taking a seat next to Derek who also introduces himself just like the rest of the team.

Now, it was time for the breakdown of the new case about The Mad Butcher of Bakersfield, who has left another human body part that have not been identified. "Quite the imagery. What's he trying to say?" Kate wonders, looking through the crime scene photos.

"Could be how he sees himself" Maya declares. "It could also be a simple forensic countermeasure. He dumps the torso after getting rid of all the pieces that can identify his victims" JJ adds, stating her point.

They know the unsub needs privacy and he likes the thrill of the cutting because the ME reports says that victims were alive before the cutting even started. If he likes the torture, then he needs a secluded place to perform that torture.

Hotch has Garcia look for any suppliers in Bakersfield and the team gathers their things to get to the plane.

______

On the plane, there's more talk about Torsos, and how much trouble the team is having identifying. Where is the unsub finding victims who can disappear without being noticed?