𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

"When you wear a mask for so long you forget who you were beneath it"
-Tivon Askari-

"When you wear a mask for so long you forget who you were beneath it"-Tivon Askari-

Maya was about to press the contact until she heard a floorboard creak. Before she could turn around a cloth was put over her mouth and she was immediately dragged off of her couch, kicking over her lamp in the process...

Darkness. Exhaustion. Silence.

Maya felt herself being dragged across a cement floor. She could only see the ground due to her being blindfolded. She heard chains rattling in the distance before a door opened in front of her. Maya was pushed onto the hard ground, letting out a painful groan as her body hit the ground.

"Mm" Maya groans as she reaches to take off her blindfold but is quickly grabbed and pulled to her feet.

"Let- let me- let me go" Maya stammers tiredly as her arms are brought above her head, blindfold still over her eyes. "Hey! Hey!" Someone shouted but it was muffled as if they had something in their mouth that was stopping them from speaking clearly. Chains we're wrapped around Maya's wrist with no hesitation, and they were wrapped tightly.

The blindfold was snatched off of her face and she immediately looked around the room. Her vision was blurry, but she seen a table and someone sitting in a chair next to her, with no clue who it was.

"Ugh" Maya groans before she looks at the person in front of her, her vision becoming clear. "Nice to see you again, Regan" The man says, and Maya's eyes widen with fear and shock.

"N-No!" Maya calls out as she immediately moves around frantically, despite being chained up by her wrist. It was Tivon Askari. A traitor who she used to work with.

"No!" Maya shouts out again before she looks over at the person in the chair and can't believe her eyes. "JJ..." Maya trails off, locking eyes with JJ as she sees her eyes are practically bloodshot and she's super out of it.

"Ah!" Maya cries out as her head is pushed to the side, her neck being more visible. "Stop- let me go!" Maya shouts before Askari grabs her by her jaw and looks her in her eyes that are filled with tears that she refuses to let fall.

"Save. Your. Strength" He orders before he slowly pushes her hair behind her ear and grabs a syringe. He places the needle into her neck and injects the drug into her which causes her to slowly fall unconscious...

OCTOBER 2010

"You just lost us a valuable asset" Cruz argues as he, Maya and Hastings argue outside of the medical tent. "That terrorist got hurt trying to escape" Hastings argues and Maya sighs sadly.

"Listen, you have to do what you have to do" Maya states, her arms dropping to her side. "He was going to talk!" Cruz shouts and Maya looks away from Cruz who looks at her with disappointment while Hastings looks to her with reassurance.