Forty-One:Take Life By The Hand

Start from the beginning

"Babe I promise, I'm sorry. I ain't mean that. You aren't a cry baby. I love you." I rushed out, kissing the tears away- and placing kisses on her neck.

"You just want to be mean. That's all" she hiccuped, while wiping her nose on my shirt.
I looked at the snot- looking back at me, and looked at her in the process. I took my shirt off and tossed it in the dirty basket we had.

"Babe you act like I'm sick" she pouted, and got comfortable against me.

"No, but that shit nasty Chris" I groaned, thinking about it.

"Whatever big head, you wanna share the cover with me? She questioned, holding the blanket open.

She looked so adorable holding the cover open.

All of this was making me feel some type of way. Just the thought of Chris being pregnant with my child did something to me. At least I hope that's what it was. I didn't want to get my hopes up, and be let down.

"You getting in my blanket? She asked again, and looked up at me.

"Chris, if you sleepy lay against me."

"No, I want you to sleep with me" she mumbled, still holding the blanket open.

"You learned about ratios, and proportions right? Do the math babe. That's not going to fit.... I chuckled in between-but come lay right here"

I laid against the pillows, and she crawled on top of me. Once she fanned the blanket out four times she got comfortable.

Chris
I wasn't trying to be a clingy, annoying, or an emotional wreck. I felt really sensitive. Normally Devs asshole ways don't bother me, or I'd have some slick shit to say. Nonetheless, that wasn't the case. Every little thing he said made me cry. I prayed I wasn't going to be one of those emotional crybaby women.
Poor Dev, and Xavier.

"Babe, you sleep?" He questioned, while slipping his hand under the t-shirt I was wearing.

"No, I'm just laying here"

His hand slipped into the boy shorts I was wearing, and rubbed on my ass. It wasn't anything sexual. Besides his booty rubs are the best!

"Babe, you think my DID will pass on to our child?"

He sounded like a sad little kid, and I looked up only to catch the vulnerable look on his face. He was in his honesty hour as he called it. I kissed the middle of his chest.

"Even if he/she does we will still love them unconditionally. Your family loved you unconditionally- and we will do the same. Don't worry yourself with it Dev. I love your mean ass with everything in me. Might want to strangle you, smother you, run over you, cut you, and push you down a flight of stairs. However, my love for you out weighs anything brash you have ever done. I say all of that to say this, if I can love you....flaws and all. Then I would be wrong for not loving a little person we created with the same love." I explained, snuggling closer to him.

He let out a bitter chuckle

"You know I question why Da OG sent me an angel. Out of all the fucked up shit I have done. I caused my first girlfriends death. Killed a few mothafuckers. Some warranted, and others just for sport. I'm the fucking spawn of Lucifer. Swore I wouldn't fall for another bitch, and swore I wouldn't give my heart away. Yet da OG sent me you. You love me despite my flaws, despite all the bullshit I've put you through. You look at me with so much love, and admiration at times it scares the fuck out of me. I'm not perfect-yet you make me feel like I'm perfect. I know I nag, bitch, complain, start shit at times just to start- and I don't tell you this shit enough- he stopped once his voice cracked.