Chapter 6

Aster

I looked at the sleeping form of Ivy, though the woman I had spent the night with wasn't her but Mara. The woman who drew blood without any resentment. I loved her but there was no denying that I loved Ivy more.

In the chaotic world, I lived in she was the only pure thing that I had come across. When I was fifteen, I had almost killed her but there was something inside of me that stopped. Maybe it was the humanity that was still left inside of me.

Julian hated that I had still let her breathe till now. The anger that spurns inside of him because of the death of our sister and parents would not dissipate from killing Ivy. Our mother was never in favor of an eye for an eye but still, I had killed them in cold blood. They didn't see it coming. Her brother had tried to fight and like his parents, I had slit his throat. My hands were covered in their blood.

What Julian never understood was that letting her live was itself a punishment for her. The Hendrick's were not too good to her. The daughter of a traitor was treated like a traitor. I have heard how she was dragged back with her hair all through the street for running away. Scratched and bleeding like a wounded dog she was thrown in a corner. She should have known that there was no place for her.

She had suffered enough by the time she had turned eighteen. When the news of her being sold off to a notorious Russian man known for hurting women brutally. Once she went in there she wouldn't have come back. Never again. It was the way she had stared at me when I had stood there to kill her was that had always captured my attention. Those blue of her eyes were still, void of fear and anger. It was as she accepted what was to come.

There was this attachment inside of me for her that had grown with time. I had been the one to have her kidnapped and brought here but it was too late by then. She was worse than broken and bruised. Someone had done something to her because when she had woken up she had killed three of my man.

Mara, her alter, had woken up and was out for blood. I was unable to understand in the beginning. There was no option but to sedate her. The next time she had woken up she was Ivy, the innocent girl, who was too scared and timid. For a while, I had thought she was acting.

I took a sip of my whiskey leaning against the window looking at the moon.

It took me six months with a hold of a doctor to get it that she had dissociative identity disorder. Her brain had fragmented into this new being who was bound on protecting her from getting hurt. I had learned everything about her from observing her. The taste of blood was one of the triggers that would always bring her.

Ivy on the other hand was so innocent as compared to the craziness that lived inside of her in the form of Mara. The first kill I gave her was the doctor who treated her while I removed all of the tracks of him ever treating Ivy.

It made me think did I really love Ivy? Because if I did then I would have done everything in my power to get her treated but I didn't.

I turned to look at her sleeping form. She was beautiful there was no denying that. A true beauty.

But there was no way I could give her something more than this. The blood in her veins was still of the traitor.

Mara was a pawn while Ivy was my need and desire.

There was a whole empire that I had under my control and pulling Ivy by my side would only crumble it. Making her my wife and having a child with her will make me lose trust. I had worked so hard to make myself this man and just for my need and desire I couldn't let it fall.

Ivy knew the limits of our love, she was as easy to control as a doll but Mara she was a ticking time bomb. I was using her but more than that she was dangerous. The craziness I saw in her eyes was something that I could easily lose hold of.

The distant ringing of my phone had me look away from her. It was four in the morning. Finding my pant on the floor I took out my phone, Sienna's name flashing on the screen. I took a last look at Ivy's sleeping form before taking the call out of the room.

"Sienna," I answered.

"You missed our date," she just said in a bored tone. I could hear the clatter of her names against the table and I knew she wasn't bored.

"I did," I wasn't a man who was going to say sorry. I was a master of my own and rarely did I hear from people until there wasn't anything to gain for me.

"Aww, that isn't a way to talk to your fiancée," her voice made me roll my eyes. She was a typical woman but she wasn't the one who would step down. Hendrick's sisters were crazy. They got what they want by hook or crook.

"Tell me honey, are you with her? Was she a good fuck tonight?" Her taunts did nothing for me. It was general knowledge where I spent my nights. No one cared because her being my enemy I had a different claim over her. If someone could mess up with her now was only me. I was the lion and only I was allowed to play with her.

"Would it make you hate my skin if I told you she worshipped every inch of my skin with her lips?" I asked knowing very well she might hurt Ivy. However, Ivy was now under my protection, and going for her meant going for me. I heard her maniacal laugh on the other side.

"Then I would make sure that once I get my hands on her that her lips would be the first one to be chopped away," her maniac laugh followed the words. "Maybe I need to teach her once again that what happens if she touches something that isn't hers." The tone of her voice turned dangerous. My lips tilt up in a smile at her words.

"But remember to make prior arrangements for your funeral," I heard the laugh stop. "Because no one touches her until it's me and if you did I would have you leaving from here wrapped in a bag." No words were spoken but her angry scream. The noises I had heard told me she had thrown the phone away.

"I wouldn't have to do anything, Sienna, because Ivy would kill you if you came in front of Ivy," I said cutting down my phone looking at the locked room.

This was a room Mara had chosen for herself. All I had done was give her the locks and she had sealed it off. Where she keeps the keys for the locks, she had upon it was unknown to me and I had no desire to see it. At first, I had laughed at Mara's choice of the room but maybe she could smell the blood better than me.

If only Ivy ever came to know of all the secrets that I hid from her, she might break down.

Hence, I would do everything to keep them hidden until I can.

Until I could keep her.

___________________________________________________

Because not every knight is a savior.

 In all the rights and wrongs.is Aster the savior? 

OR the monster?

 Let me know what you all feel about it