Chapter 1

Ivy

I looked in the eyes of the man who loved me as he kissed my body tenderly. Each kiss had me arching my back for more. Soft moans escaped me as I laid there on the bed letting him make love to me. Sometimes love made us crazy things and the same has gone for both of us.

Moving up my body he caught my lips pulling me into a passionate kiss. My hands moving into his hair as my legs wrapped around his naked form. His fingers touching me gently making me writhe in pleasure. The love that existed between us was more than just beautiful. It was filled with passion.

No words were spoken as our bodies talked.

I wanted more for him. Love, pleasure, and everything. I wanted to close all the gaps between us but a distant ringing sound had him lift away from his head. I felt him go stiff and stop right there in my arms. Breaking away from our kiss he moved away from me and getting off the bed. The warmth of love he provided was lost and my open stared at the ceiling rather than his face.

The beautiful man who was mine was no longer with me. Feeling the cold air brush against my body had me, pulling over for the quilt. I looked to the door from where he had walked out off. I could hear hushed whispers of his with the sound of him pacing in the living room. Moving in the bed I faced the window looking at the moon and the light that bathed the room in.

What was I doing? I asked myself.

Why was I doing this?

I closed my eyes as tears filled in my eyes wanting to escape. I wanted to cry but I hated crying because already too many teas have escaped my eyes. I looked at the clock and it was getting late. Too much time had passed. I no longer hear his steps and the hushed whispers have stopped.

The knowledge that he wasn't going to come to the bed killed me deep inside.

It hurt me every time but what could I do. Our relationship was doomed from the start.

I knew he wouldn't come back to the room anymore. The pain would be running deep inside of him and too deep. The wounds were never given the time to heal. Every time they were ripped open again and again.

No mercy was shown on him ever as the wounds were ripped off. Sometimes I wanted to hate him but the other times I hated myself. How could I ask him to not be in pain when I had been the reason behind all the pain he suffered.

The moon had passed and the sun was now replacing it. I heard the rattle of the pipes and the shower coming to life.

Not a wink of sleep could I get. I had cocooned myself in my quilt, the faint scent of his hitting my nose reminding me of him every moment.

"I'm leaving," I heard his deep voice from the door. He didn't wait for a reply and it didn't hurt because it somehow had become the norm.

I loved him so much but there was nothing that I could do to change the past.

The sound of his car forced me to walk up to the window. Wrapping the quilt around me I looked at him inside his car. His frame was clear to me. Another crisp white shirt and black suit.

He looked so much like a grim reaper. I laughed at my own thoughts.

Grim Reaper. It was wrong for us to be together but nothing stopped him from chasing me.

Left alone was I once again in this small house far away from the city and where he ruled in all his glory. A city where I was forbidden to enter.

The knowledge that if I went there, I wouldn't come back, scared me to my bones. I would be trapped like a mouse and played with by many.

I was the rat and he was the lion.

Everyone who knew about us thought he was playing with me.

And some days I felt the same.

Because in the end, I was his worst enemy.

But also his best-kept secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy, a beautiful girl, but with a dark secret.

Does this man even love her?
Who was she ?

Can you feel her pain?
Can you hear the loneliness?

Let me know your thoughts on what you felt! I would really love to know. LIKE REALLY DO TELL ME!