Chapter 4

Ivy

It was the middle of the night when I jolted awake from a deep slumber. I heard the door opening. The hinges making the slightest sound but I was always on my defense.

Years of torture would do that to you. Sienna, Kyla, and Morris would always sneak up on me in the middle of the night to mess up with me. Their aim was to hurt me and they never left until I bled.

I kept a knife right under my pillow. I heard the footsteps of someone coming.

My hand went beneath my pillow to retrieve the knife. Pulling the quilt up to my chin I held the knife closer to me. I could hear my heart thumping hard against my ribcage, the fear, and adrenaline pushing it to beat faster.

I was scared to death about who had found me. Aster wasn't supposed to come in tonight. Julian had made sure of that. People were out for my blood.

Had Kyla and her family had found me? Was Sienna here to kill me? Or was it, Morris? I had barely escaped his grabbing hands at eighteen. Was he here to finish what he had begun with?

Was it someone else to finish me off? Footsteps were coming my way. The thumping of the footsteps was too slow if compared to my heartbeat. With my breaths coming hard I waited for the person to come at me.

The ringing question if they were more than once crossed my mind sending my heart rate into a frenzy.

The heard the footsteps stop just at the end of my bed. The quilt was pulled off me making me attack whoever it was. With a knife in my hand, I lunged for whoever it was. I didn't even look who it was but just pushed into him. We both fell to the ground. I could hear the other person struggling beneath me but my knife didn't stop. He was a man.

With my hand pressed over his throat and knife just above my hand, I put my upper weight over his body while wrapping my legs around the thighs. Trapping whoever it was.

"Ivy," I heard my name coming at a groan. The moonlight from the window bathed both of us in giving me enough light to raise my head and see that it was Aster beneath me. I stared into those grey eyes that looked at me. Immediately I threw away the knife and let go of his throat.

In another second I was turned over and now he hovered over me with his one hand over my throat but not clenching it. It was there but not to hurt.

I saw his beautiful face bathed in the moonlight. The grey of his eyes with flickers of blue was so beautiful that I had got lost in them always. They were a vast contrast to my dark brown ones which sometimes seemed to be pure black. His brown hair fell over his forehead and I just wanted to move them away.

I was enchanted by his face, with his olive-toned skin his jaw looked sharp and his body was nothing less than a sculpted marble. He had a face that was spread over the billboards and everyone fell in love with him easily. Those highlighted cheekbones just from the smooth gloss of his skin tone made everyone stop to have a look at him whether it be a man or woman.

So beautiful.

"Who did you think it was?" He asked as his eyes bore into mine.

"I thought...," the words couldn't seem to escape me.

"Do you think that I can't protect you, Ivy? Is that why you attacked me like that?" He was angry.

"Haven't I protected you for so long!" His voice thundered in my ear. "Ever since you were eighteen, I had protected you from everything. I saved you from a life of misery and death yet you don't trust me!"

"How could I when you are marrying her?" My voice was meek but he heard it all right. Silence blanketed the room as he hovered above me with his thighs touching mine. His eyes stared into mine; the anger dissipating being replaced by the man that loved me.

"Who told you?" He inquired as his hand left my throat only to hold down my hands over my head in a swift movement. I looked away from him. How could I answer the question he asked? If I told him that Kayla had called me, I know he would take off from the house. I never knew what happened when he went away but he wouldn't come back for a few days.

If I told him it was his brother it would only cause problems between them. He was already on a rift with his brother because of me. Did I want to intensify it? Have the two brothers come for each other's throats?

"Does it matter?" I didn't look at him as I spoke. "Only thing that matters is that you are now engaged and as much as I know her, she doesn't like sharing at all. It would be my throat she would be coming for." That scared me to my core.

Sienna was one woman who came in front of me, I had no idea how I would even save myself.

"She wouldn't leave alive from out of here," he told me and I closed my eyes at his words.

Violence was the answer to everything.

His lips came over mine and there was an urgency in his kiss.

Our lips moved in sync. His kiss was always filled with passion. It was the most beautiful thing but also the most sinister one. It was never lips only but teeth also.

I felt his teeth bite into my lip.

The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. My tongue bled and the taste made me close my eyes and get lost.

..........................................................

Let the madness begin .....A crazy beginning that we didn't see.Let's see Ivy transform.