Chapter 33 - Welcome to Xyrus Academy

Start from the beginning

"Yes."

"Well Art was staying with us at the time while he waited for the teleportation gate to open again."

"Ah, I see. So, you two are childhood friends. But why was he living with you? I can hardly imagine why a human child, a commoner at that, would be living with royalty." A startling query jolted me to a halt. The memories of the slave traders flooded my head, and I felt my body shiver briefly before regaining my calm.

"I-it's a little p-personal, and I don't want to s-speak of it now." I stuttered. Thankfully she seemed to understand and refrained from seeking further.

"My apologies. I'm sorry if I dug up any memories best left forgotten." I nodded and we soon reached the student council room. I made my way in first so I could introduce Amber to the rest of the council bar Lilia. After all, I doubt I need to introduce her to her own sister. If anything, it should be the other way around. As soon as I entered the room, the voice that had been the bane of my existence ever since I joined the student council spoke up.

"Ah, Princess Tessia. I was getting worried as to your whereabouts." Just how hard was he trying to win me over? I already have my heart set on Arthur, so you can just piss off.

"I'm alright Clive. I was just in the Director's office to meet with the new president. They are right behind me as we speak." I spoke in my cold and monotone voice, which they were used to by now. Everyone in the room, except Lilia, now looked at me in rapt attention, curious as to who the new president was.

As she walked into the room, every pair of eyes stared at her like hawks who just found their prey. Yet none of the gazes fazed her one bit. She strode in with elegance, a subtle yet charming smile that reeked with confidence on her pretty face. I expected everyone to be awe-struck at how beautiful she was like I was when I met her. Alas, reality did not meet my expectations. Everyone except Lilia and Clive just stood there, comedically blinking in rhythmic intervals, as if solving some confusion unbeknownst to me.

"Amber?" Jarrod spoke in a bland but perplexed tone. Did they know each other before? Was it the same for the rest of the members? Clive, on the other hand, appeared to be unaware of who she is. He's the only one reacting the way I anticipated everyone else would.

"Surprised?" She questioned, acting as if he had questioned her ability.

"No, not really. After that big announcement at your birthday party, I thought I'd never be as astonished as I was then, yet here we are," he said, sighing defeatedly. Birthday party? What the hell were they talking about?

"Have you met each other before?" I inquired.

"Oh, yes, we have." Fable responded. "Recall Lilia inviting us to a party? It was Amber's birthday celebration she was alluding to! We met there, and the rest, as they say, is history. Remember, we invited you to come with us, but you had something to do with Director Goodsky."

Everything made sense now! I vaguely recalled them inviting me out, but I had declined since I was training with Master. But there was still one element missing from this situation.

"Did you go with them, Clive? Your response seemed to indicate that this is your first encounter with her." He blinked a few times and coughed slightly to restore his composure, his countenance awestruck and embarrassed.

"No, Vice President. I was at a family gathering and couldn't accompany them." He responded, but I didn't miss the words he used. Normally, he would address me as President, raving about how I should have been President due to my royal lineage, but it appears that one glance at the new President has him captivated! But, hey, I'm not going to complain! If it means not having to deal with him all the time, I'll take it any day.