Chapter 33 - Welcome to Xyrus Academy

(Tessia Eralith POV)

"Ah, Tessia. Let me introduce you to the new Student Council President, Amber Helstea!" The Director introduced.

She turned around and her vividly saturated yellow eyes peered through my soul. She was exactly how I remembered her from our prior encounter; standing straight with an elegant posture and a heart-warming smile plastered across her flawless face. Despite my royal rank, a sense of inferiority washed over me, and I felt myself shrink in her presence.

Her clothes were more grandiose than mine. She was dressed in beautiful knee-length boots with delicate yellow and gold patterns that reached just over her thighs. The long coat she was wearing was sharply cut and fashioned to perfection, with the lowest point reaching just beyond her knees, allowing enough room to show her beautifully fit yet plump thighs. Her silver hair seemed even more splendid and eye-catching thanks to the coat's sleek yet dull and unsaturated grey colour. Her bosom was covered by a short cape of the same colour as her coat. It was linked by golden chains, which brought out the colour of her eyes even more, making them appear like glowing jewels. Her hair fell gently over her shoulder and behind her ears, resembling delicate feathers and cotton.

"Ah, it's you again." She spoke out, acknowledging my existence. "I didn't know that you were the Princess Tessia Eralith though."

"Ah, y-yeah. S-sorry, I must have forgotten to introduce myself last time, hehe." I gave a shallow laugh which was met by a smile by her.

"Oh, it seems like you two are already acquainted. How so?" Said the Director with raised eyebrows.

"We met at Arthur's younger sister's birthday party." She replied in a firm and eloquent voice. "Though, we didn't have much time to converse with each other. Just an exchange of pleasantries."

"I see. Well, I have finished my conversation with Miss Helstea over here, so could you please guide her towards the student council room. This would be a great chance for you two to get acquainted with each other, seeing that you'll be working together for the next couple of years. I'm expecting great things from the both of you!" She finished off by gracing us with her gentle smile.

"Of course." We both replied in tandem. She came over to me and we left to meet the other students. As we went, I saw why the director had said she and Arthur were so similar. She carried herself with confidence, barely a hint of hesitancy visible in her stance. Her maturity emanated even more strongly now than it had during the party. Her gaze took in everything around her, as if mentally cataloguing everything for some larger plan held for the future. When I considered her talent, which was said to rival Arthurs', I could see why she was picked as student council president.

The white fox looked at the president in a questioning way, almost as if it was asking her something. She flashed a quick grin and a delicate nod of approval. It sprang from her shoulder into my arms, giving out an endearingly high-pitched and nostalgic 'Kyu.' Because of the beast's rapid motion, I awkwardly caught it and glanced at it in amazement. I wracked my brain, trying to recall why her voice seemed so familiar, then insight came, and I exclaimed, "Sylvie!" How could I have forgotten about her? The adorable little dragon who I had helped nurse for the brief months she had been with us. I smiled at her and began to pet and play with her.

"So, how do you and Arthur know each other?" She inquired, breaking the unpleasant silence between us. I steeled my anxieties and mentally prepared myself. That's right, she wasn't being unfriendly to me, therefore I shouldn't be afraid of her. For God's sake, I am a princess! I should believe in myself more.

"Ah, me and Art go way back!" I spoke with enthusiasm as a reminiscent smile formed on my face. "You know the story of how he got separated from his parents right?"