I saw his lips move as he cursed under his breath. Clenching his jaw, he set Creed free, handing all the trouble of keeping him still and calm over to Damon. "Axel, please," I begged, almost choking on my words. "I can't listen to him anymore."

"I told you to drown him out with music." He cocked his head to the side, running his fingers through his black hair, looking at me curiously.

"It's not working," I cried, wiping my cheeks that were now soaked.

He swallowed, guiltily, shifting out his arms and moving closer. Pulling me into his embrace, he locked one arm around me, trapping my arms by my side, and his other hand rested against the back of my head. He tangled his fingers through my hair, holding me close, and I cried into his chest.

"Get her- get her out of here." Creed groaned.

Axel pulled back, taking a glance over his shoulder before looking down at me. I sobbed and lifted my arms, circling them around his neck, and he lifted me off the ground. My legs wrapped themselves around his waist.

Walking passed the kitchen, he then quickly slid us through the back door, making sure to close it all the way behind us. I could still make out the cries but once I heard the crickets outside I tried using them as a distraction, hoping they would make me forget. Setting me down on the table-facing toward the backyard, Axel stood between my legs, removing the hair that had fallen in my face.

"Are you okay?" he asked, bending his knees a little so that he was level with me.

"Are you sure you should be asking me that?"

"You're crying," he stated matter of fact, placing each hand on either side of me on the table.

I sniffled. "Because those sounds are heartbreaking," I told him, my voice cracking in the midst. Wiping my fingers under my right eye, I bowed my head and stared at the ground, catching a scream from inside. God. Why couldn't they just go to a hospital.

A huff passed Axel's lips, and I lifted my head. "You care about him?"

I swallowed. "Yes." I didn't even know why, all I knew was that I just cared.

Waiting for something-anything, he chuckled, and my brows furrowed at the unexpected reaction. Chuckles continued to spill from his mouth until he laughed out loud. He fucking laughed. I didn't expect him to laugh at me. "Why are you laughing?"

Straightening his stance, he bit his bottom lip to keep his laugh at bay. I rolled my eyes. "You care about my brother," he said, licking his lips. "No one cares about Creed." He shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest. I stared at him for a beat before moving my eyes elsewhere. I knew it was a joke but I didn't find it funny. "You look pale. I'll get you a glass of water."

A cool breeze brushed my arm as he walked past me, and I folded my arms over my chest, rubbing my hand up my arm, trying to get some warmth.

I sat there for a couple of minutes, keeping my head dipped down and my eyes closed, and again I tried to block out the painful cries I could hear again. I couldn't believe it had been taking them this long to take out a piece of blade. If I wasn't so squirmy about it I would've helped.

Taking a deep breath in, I released it slowly, licking my lips to wet them. Soon I heard the back door slide open, and footsteps sounded from behind me. Axel cleared his throat, but I kept my head down.

Opening my eyes, I moved my arm out to the side, and as I clasped the top of the glass with my hand we met skin to skin. For some reason, my cheeks heated, and I bit my bottom lip. I tried pulling my arm back but he wouldn't let me, and when my lips parted his other hand forced them shut. I only realised it wasn't Axel when he took my chin between his thumb and index finger.

Forcing my head to the side, I held my breath once my eyes met Roman's curious ones. He blinked and tipped his chin down, now taking his thumb under my left eye; wiping away a tear. "Why are you crying?" he asked. His voice was low but soft, he sounded like he cared. Hm?

I kept quiet, glancing between him and the glass cup. He breathed out, finally dropping his hand. "Why do you care?" my voice was sour but I didn't care.

"I don't." I frowned, he smiled. "Scoot over," he said, going to sit down, and I slid over a little. He sat beside me, leaving just an inch between our bodies, but his knee still touched mine.

I wanted to move over just a little more but I knew if I did he'd think I was trying to get away, or he'd pull me back and we'd be even closer than we were at this very moment. "He'll be okay, you know," he spoke again, and I only side eyed him. "Creed is strong, stronger than all of us, actually." he went on, "if you knocked him down ten times he'd get back up but he'd get up stronger each time."

Pressing my lips together, he went quiet, and I finally took a sip of the water in my hand. I then set the glass onto the table and hopped off, moving past him to go inside. "You're a horrible distraction," I said, gripping the door handle only to be pulled backward.

"How long will you stay mad at me for?" he questioned, annoyance rolling off his tongue.

"How long will you continue to be a self centred prick for?" anger quickly morphed onto my face and I crossed my arms.

He scoffed, stuffing his hands into his pants pocket. "I'm sorry," he apologised, dragging out the letter S. "I treated you like fucking shit and I'm sorry." he stopped, swallowed, dipped his head and then looked back up. Roman stared at me, a sorry expression spread across his face; a genuine expression.

"Why?" my voice came out firm, and he looked at me with confusion now written on his face. "Why are you apologizing?" I raised my eyebrows, waiting.

It didn't take him a moment to respond. "Because if anything like that happens, again-to any of us, I can't let there be bad blood in the house..." he paused, gulping like he was preparing for the next part, "and you didn't deserve anything I did to you."

I choked on my spit, staring at him blankly. Again, I had no clue what to say. It was like some part of me wanted to accept his apology, that I should just get rid of the unwanted tension between us, but the other part refused to do so. The other part of me wanted to get even.

"If you pull some shit like that again, I'll use you in my porno." That's all I said. His face twisted with a lot of confusion, and I smirked just before I turned on my heels and left him outside.

I wouldn't stand here and forgive Roman just like that, I'd make him work for it. I wanted to see what lengths he'd go to just to be forgiven and I wanted to watch him look like a fool before the words I forgive you came out of my mouth. I wouldn't give him that kind of satisfaction, not yet.

...

a/n - Sunday update! I'm proud of myself.
Next chapter is smut *screams* I've been planning this for months and I'm excited for you guys to see. It's gonna be HAWT.