"Whoa what are you doing" krypto asked as he was both angry and surprised at furlina.

"I'm saving your life" furlina whispered.

Superman saw what furlina was doing, "look I know your angry at me and that fine but deep down I did care about you, I didn't realized it soon enough"

"How can i believe you" krypto says.

"Because I wouldn't be risking my fur for you, now could I"

The cage opened and krypto realized she was telling the truth, he was shocked and so was Superman.

Just then lex got between, "hey what are you doing" Lex tries to grab krypto as he was still mortality as much as he was.

Furlina panicked when she saw Lex was reaching out to krypto, feeling pressured to either lose her new master or save her loved one.

She pounced on Lex biting and scratching his arm.

"AH GET OFF ME YOU STUPID CAT" Lex yelp in pain as he tries shaking furlina off.

"GO...NOW" furlina told krypto.

Krypto smiles at her and he goes to free Superman, his cage was remote controlled by a remote Lex Dropped, Superman saw how furlina was more then she seemed when she was risking everything and saving krypto.

Lex swings her around then throws her across the room, furlina slide when she looks up at Lex, he grabbed his wounded arm then he glares at furlina.

Furlina cowers down in fear backing away when Lex approached her, krypto gasped wgwn he saw furlina in trouble.

"Bad kittty" he then slapped her across the room.

"AH" furlina screams in pain, krypto growls when he sees Lex hurting furlina.

Meanwhile with ace, he was racing to save Cassandra, so close to reaching her hand.

And with krypto, Lex cornered furlina, "you dare disobey me, let's not forget I found you on the streets and I throw back in the gutters where you belong.

He then kicked her so hard into a wall on that time Cassandra was nearly on the edge of walks when she got knocked out by hitting her head against a rock.

"CASSANDRA" ace yelled.

And when furlina hit the wall, she fell in a coma, when krypto saw what Lex did, his feel threatened.

"NO"

Just then ace jumped on a rock and grabbed Cassandra's shirt, pulling her out of river and dragging her on land.

And at that time krypto pounced on krypto, "AH" Lex grunts.

Krypto the growls at Lex for hurting furlina, "you can't threaten me all you Al...BUT YOU DO NOT HURT FURLINA"

He then grabs him by his pants and starts swinging him around.

"AH, hey get this mutt off of me" Lex screamed.

As krypto was attacking Lex, Superman couldn't believe what he just saw, he grabbed the remote, releasing himself, then he approached the cat who was laying dead on floor, he was surprised to see how the cat didn't like or trusted was willing to risk her life for krypto.

Maybe he was wrong, he turns to see krypto trapping Lex in a lead pipe.

"Ah hey, let me go" Lex yelled.

Krypto sulking approach furlina, he whined as he nudge furlina with his snout, trying to wake her up.

"come on furlina, he's gone one, you can wake up now" he had a sobbed in his throat.

But when she didn't move, his eyes swell up, he felt he lost everything then Superman comforts him, he wrapped his arm around him.

"I'm sorry krypto, about everything, she was a good cat and they don't last forever...but hey look at it this way, she risk her life so we could escape at least you can do is..move on, it's what she would've wanted"

As Krypto watched his girlfriend was gone, ace was about to lose a girl too.

Ace wax trying to preform CPR on Cassandra, he had his paws on her chest then he starts pushing her chest, he repeats several times till...

She coughed out the water then she started breathing but was laying unconscious.

Ace felt his heart racing from anxiety but he breaths in from relief that Cassandra was alive.

He then took his cape off and placed it on Cassandra to keep her from the cold, she was wet and didn't wanted her to freeze and for more warmth, he lay on top her so his fur could warm her up, he then looks up at the sky broodingly thinking.

Love is many things, it's about sacrificing for the ones you care and for protecting the ones you love