xxii. he is good at speeches

Someone banged on Zoe's door. Zoe didn't know who it was so she carefully walked towards the door. She peeked through the hole and realized who it was. She laughed before she unlocked the door and hugged her tightly.

"Sam, you're finally back!" Zoe laughed out loud before she held the girl's face. A voice cleared its throat as Zoe turned to see who it was. Her eyes widened when she saw it was Robby.

"Uh... Hi." she greeted with a wave of her hand. Robby nodded as they both turned to Sam so she could explain what was happening.

"Look. Silver attacked my dad. That's all I know. And he admitted that he was planning something. We need to convince him that he should restart Miyagi Do because we need to end Cobra Kai one way or another." Sam announced to them.

"What about Johnny and Eagle Fang? Don't mention the name I know it's weird." Zoe stopped Robby from going on. He nodded in agreement.

"He's already on board. And look. Robby. I get that a lot has happened since you were in Miyagi Do, but we could use one of your speeches, you're actually pretty good at them." Sam nodded to the brunette.

"What if he says no? What happens then?" Robby asked, not saying no to her question.

"He's not going to say no, even my mom is on board." Sam nodded. Both Robby and Zoe's eyes widened in surprise.

"Amanda? On board with something that's related to karate? I'd never thought I'd see the day." Zoe asked in complete shock, Sam nodded.

"Well, if Amanda is doing it we should too," Robby spoke up, Zoe nodding in agreement.

Amanda parked the car at the Miyagi do dojo, Daniel looking up from his phone in confusion. "What are we doing here? I thought we were heading home."

"Uh, we just have to make a quick stop." Amanda covered, unbuckling herself and opening the car door. "Come on."

Daniel reluctantly got out of the car. Amanda opened the doors as she and Daniel walked into the feeling-empty room.

"Amanda. I don't go in there." Daniel reminded her.

"Hey, it's okay. You're hurting right now. But I want you to heal. And I'm right here." She consoled her husband with a firm arm hold.
He took a deep breath before opening the door to where he stashed Mr. Miyagi's ancestry things. He turned to see the bonsai that looked like it needed some water.

He also saw a portrait of a Miyagi. He picked up a piece of paper that had instructions on how to paint the house.

"It's like a time capsule in here." Daniel's voice cracked from the sadness of missing Mr. Miyagi. Amanda nodded in agreement, she was in the room, but let Daniel look around.

"The night before we got married, I was so nervous. I came here to see Mr. Miyagi. He sat me down, poured me a cup of tea... And some sake." Amanda added with a tilt of her head. Daniel chuckled which made Zoe smile from the other room.

"And we talked about you. He loved you so much, Daniel. He said to me, 'Amanda-san, in life, always easier to hide head in sand.' He told me you could be a bit of a handful sometimes. That you would always fight for what you believed in. And there was nothing you believed in more than your family and friends. And what I believe in now is standing up to Terry Silver. It's the right thing to do for you, for me, for our family. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize." Amanda told him seriously.

Daniel shook his head gently, "That means the world to me, Amanda. But what if standing up to Terry Silver just makes things worse again? Every time I try to fight for what's right, somebody gets hurt. I can't fail these kids again."

Robby walked up to the door, "You didn't fail me." Daniel and Amanda turned to see him, Sam, and Zoe at the door.

"Sam and my dad told me what was going on." They all walked into the room, Sam and Zoe staying near Amanda while Robby faced Daniel. "You know, when you first met me, I was a messed up kid. But you gave me a job. And a home. And a purpose. You can't just give up."

"He is good at speeches." Zoe gapped.

"I know, right?" Sam whispered back.

"Robby, the things I did, juvie. I was... I was just trying to help you." Daniel explained, thinking Robby was upset with him.

"No, I'm... I'm sorry." Robby apologized. "I mean I should've listened to you about Cobra Kai. But I didn't understand until I started mentoring someone myself. Now Silver's got a hold on this kid. There's some others in there I care about too, and, uh, we need to stop Cobra Kai. But we can't do it without you. Sensei."

Daniel chuckled a bit as Robby nodded to Zoe to say something if she had anything. She stepped towards him as she got his attention.

"Mr. L, I don't think Sam could have prepared me for the rivalry that I have witnessed in the past few months. But I stayed. Not only because of Eagle Fang, but because of you. You always treated me with kindness and respect. I didn't get a lot of that from adults who believed the allegations. But you did... And that meant so much more than you could ever know." Zoe told him with a sad smile. Daniel smiled at her back.

Sam went on, "Dad, not everyone had someone like you to protect them and teach them. It's time that all of us join this fight."

Daniel looked at her with a confused glance, "All of us?"

Sam opened the doors to the outside as she, Robby, and Zoe lined up with the others. Amanda stood by Daniel with a grin.

"You're not alone anymore. So what do you say, dad? Will you fight?" Sam asked him as he looked at the Miyagi Fang crew minus Demetri, Chozen, and Johnny. He turned to Amanda one last time before she walked over to line up as well.

Daniel walked down the steps as the three Senseis now faced their students. The students bowed to them. Daniel looked to Chozen and Johnny, getting a nod in return before the trio bowed. And with that, Daniel felt hope again.

AN: listen, i did not mean to spam you with chapters but i don't feel like stopping so