xi. i'm taking the risk

"What!" Miguel asked loudly, a huge grin on his face. Zoe smacked his chest and shushed him as Demetri and Hawk walked toward them.

"You are so loud," Zoe complained, "But what should I do now? We can barely talk now without it being awkward."

"Have you talked about you know what?" Demetri asked her.

"No." Zoe shook her head, "I don't know. She leaned in first, and then I leaned in. And then freaking Amanda had to distract us, no offense to Amanda. Love Amanda."

"I say you face to face with Sam and tell her what you want to do." Hawk gave her an encouraging nod.

Zoe stared at him in disbelief, "No! Do you think I'm that confident? I can barely flirt with the woman, let alone tell her I wanna make out with her."

"Hey, you're the first out of the state to be our first female football player. If you have enough courage to try out, you can ask Sam out. You can even show Mr. LaRusso what you're made of." Miguel patted her on the back.

"I did. I made him a live, laugh, love sign." Zoe nodded proud of herself. Miguel tilted his head in confusion but nodded as well.

"You know, compared to Sensei Lawrence's training, today's gonna be a vacation." Penis breath told the group.

"Whos going on vacation?" Daniel butted in on their conversation. Zoe sat up straight and put her hands to her side, trying to look like she was all good and there weren't a million things on her mind.

"Uh, no one. What have you got for us today?" Miguel spoke quickly, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Come here." Daniel waved them over. "Now, I know you've all been taught to strike first. But what do you do when your opponent is faster than you?"

"Fishies!" Zoe squealed as she squatted down to look at them.

"Are those real koi?" Penis breathe asked.

"They sure are." Daniel grinned at Zoe, who watched them as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Today's lesson is simple. Catch a fish. But since I know you Eagle Fang's like a bit of competition, we're gonna make it interesting. So the first to succeed will have the honor of leading class all week... And you also get to pick out what flavor of Gatorade I buy next." Daniel instructed the group.

"Aw, hell yeah! Hope you all like glacial freeze." Penis breath spoke out loud.

Zoe leaned toward Hawk, "Which color is that one again?"

"The white one." He answered back. She turned to penis breath with a disgusted look before shaking her head.

"Okay, where are the rods?" Miguel asked.

"Back in my garage," Daniel answered him.

"Do you want me to get them for you, Mr. L?" Zoe asked Daniel, with a confused look.

"No, thank you though. Your bare hands are all you'll use and all you'll need." Zoe took her jacket off quickly as Daniel got them ready to go. When he said go, Zoe rushed to the side and lay on the rocks as she kept her hand in the water, trying to grab them.

Miguel went to grab one but he leaned too far close and ended up falling in. Zoe felt bad for the boy, reaching her hand out to help. She pulled him out rather quickly, the boy nearly flying out of the water and onto the land.

"Looks like you're a little wet behind the ears. Alright, let's get you dried off." Daniel told the boy with an amused expression. The practice ended with no one catching a fish. The boys walked out annoyed while Zoe got a text from Sam that told her to stay there since they needed to talk.