Chapter 3: To Find What is Lost

Ayo, never thought I would update this Story again but here we are.

...I really don't have much to say. Plus, I doubt anybody reads this anway.

Let's just go straight to the chapter!

Quick note:

Quotes - "Hello"
Thoughts - 'Hello'

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.

------------------------------------------------

"Phew~. That should be all for today."

Professor Oak straightened up a large pile of papers in front of a computer. Clearly he was as busy as always.

After placing his papers down, he immediately closed his eyes and stretched.

"Now then..."

He ripped the seal off the envelope next to the pile of papers he placed down.

The man pulled out the note and began to read it.

"...Even now they are still looking for Ash..."

A sad smile formed Professor Oak's face. 

A lot has happened this past year, the most notable being the Elite Four's plot to free the Kanto Pokémon using Lugia's powers. 

If it weren't for his Grandson, Green and Yellow, then who knows what might have happened.

And yet, even though they are sure to be exhausted from all the commotion, they still continued to look for the boy.

"Wooosh!"

"Hm?"

The man turned his head to the side, seeing his window open. It was then he saw the outside and realized something. 

"Oh, is it that time already?"

The sky was pitch black, the only hint of light coming from the few houses from Pallet Town still awake. 

"Woosh!"

The sound of wind caught the Professor's ears again. But this time, he was able to feel the cold breeze as well.

"Oh, the papers will get blown at this rate."

Professor Oak stood up from his desk to close the window.

But as soon as he reached out to grab it...

*Woosh... woosh...

"Hm?"

*Woosh... woosh... woosh...

'That sound...'

Although he might be retired, Professor Oak was still once the Indigo League Champion. His skills as a trainer was still in the leagues of an expert.

And this was why he was able to tell...

'The wind...'

The sound of the winds made a consistent pattern. This was clearly the sound of a flapping wing.

The man looked straight up, only to see empty darkness.

'There is nothing nearby, yet the sound of the wind is clear as day... and it's getting louder!'

The flapping wing became clearer and clearer. At this point, Professor Oak could confirm that the Pokémon coming this way was large in size.

Of course, this could be a trainer coming to Pallet Town with a large Pokémon (his grandson's Pidgeot for example). But even so, he must always be prepared.